MD rider new to forum - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rain_maker
you must be pretty hardcore, just beginning and willing to ride so far north to meet up around Inanima's way, thats almost an hour and a half. I would say by the time your done riding, you've probably alloted about 7 or 8 hours of riding. If I was you, I'll probably sleeping under a over pass on the way home....
Aw, c'mon, it's not that far Well, ok, maybe it is. Up here in the boonies of Harford and Baltimore Counties, it can be pretty far from anywhere, especially if you have to do a lot of freeway driving to get here.

Anyway- can't do Sunday- forgot I gotta pick my parents up at BWI...maybe Saturday?

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 09:02 AM

hmmm, I'll have to see about sat. might go up to get my license that day.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 01:31 PM

You don't have a license??!!!

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 03:04 PM

whoops, did I say that outloud? I mean I'm going to go to the mva to register to vote.. yeah that's it.
seriously though, I have a lerner's permit......
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 08:34 AM

Hi, I'm new to the group and Maryland and I'd love to find some new routes. I am currently shaking the bugs out of a bike I rebuilt this winter and I'm looking to ride with anyone, anywhere schedule permitting. I live in the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. I'd be embarassed to say how long I've been riding and I have done dirts, cruisers, sports, and some track riding although I'm fairly conservative on the street.

Mike
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 10:08 AM

Talking

Hey kneeslider,

Whats up?!! I live in Baltimore and work in the Inner Harbor and on occasion ride to work. I work at CareFirst on 100 South Charles Street, next to the Legg Mason Building.

We can probably meet up sometimes. Steve98yzf works near by also, but he lives near Annapolis, but the way he is, he seems willing to ride anywhere.

If you want sometime we can meet up and take that trek down to Rockville pike.

See ya around.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 10:41 AM

Rain_Maker,

Sounds like your right around the corner. I work @ Verizon on the corner of Pratt and Light. I live about 1/3 of a mile away. My girlfriend lives in Anapolis so meeting up in that area with Steve98yzf would be easy too. Rockville sounds great but I'm supposed to go to a concert this thursday so I can't this week. I am going to be around late saturday and sunday morning.

Mike
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 01:51 PM

MD rider new to forum

Hi there guys, New to maryland riding, welcome. I live close to inanima, we have riden once together. Hoping to go again soon.

So do you guys ever visit Ephrata, PA? If you are new, I kinda doubt it, so here is the scoop. Eprata, PA is about one and half hour from my house in Harford County, MD. The first sunday of the month, groups of motorcycles show up at an abandoned factory. The group of motorcycles range from harleys to anything on 2 wheels, there were 2 scooters there last month. We leave early, people start gathering about 8:30 in the morning and by 12:00 the parking lot is empty. It is nothing organized, just go walk around, look at bikes. There is a trailer that was putting graphics on bikes and another trailer where you could put it on a dynometer, I think that was right, cost is involved. There is a resturant across the street that gets full quickly for breakfast, there is a gas station also across the street with no public restrooms other than the resturant. There are those few who do wheelies out on the main street by the parking lot and there are those who do burn outs. But BEWARE, police car sits across the street also. We will be going up on Sept 2, leaving from somewhere close by. We take the backroads of PA up, there is a stretch of highway that we go on but only for one exit.

If you are interested in riding up with us, let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-395f.jpg (233.3 KB, 47 views)
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 06:27 AM

yeah we can meet up anytime, anywhere. Hey kneeslider, where in nap-town does your girl live?
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 06:30 AM

Thumbs up Eprata, PA

Kathy,

Thanks for the info. It looks like a LOT of fun. Unfortunately, I'm heading for New England on the 2nd for a family get together but I would really be interested in going in October. Any other group events/rides would also be fun. Thanks for the reply

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode