Sportbike World banner

4 wheeler road rage

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Rundog 
#1 ·
I can not believe how bad the road rage is getting against bike on the road. The other day I was easing up to a red light and a car came over the line to block me. And today riding home on the freeway another bike that was in front of me went to pass a car in the fast lane had a truck on his right speed up and come over to block him. So I could not give up the opportunity to pull up along side as I passed and give the old :finger:

#3 ·
i get that as well. although when i am splitting usually when they see me they jerk to the left or right to get outta my way. I am the same way JOE, if i'm in no hurry i'll just wait. Its getting harder and harder though with this heat, gotta keep moving to keep cool.

#4 ·
Yesterday traffic was backed up pretty good on 80. I must have split lanes for 10 miles. I passed well over 1000 cars stuck in traffic, going nowhere. What are the odds that at least 1 of those drivers was a nut? Part of the game.....

Strange to say it, but I find the sheer randomness and chaos of street riding to be far more engaging than simply going fast............

#5 ·
I've been fortunate so far when splitting. I usually only do it at red lights though, and sometimes feel like people are giving me hate looks through their windows. I-80 still scares me, even though I've ridden on it here and there for a year now - just too much traffic, such different speeds, and people tailgate like mad. Sometimes I'll get so frustrated with someone following me at about five feet that I'll motion with my hand for them to move back. Assholes never do though.

#9 ·
Suprisingly I had someone apoligize to me today. I was behind this guy turning left out of a parking lot onto a really busy street. He turned, I pulled out to turn left and as I was doing so a lady in her big truck was turning right across the street. I kept my eye on her to make sure she wasnt going to turn me into a pancake. When I was sure that she wasnt, I looked forward and the guy I was behind was stopped in the road about ten car lengths behind the car in front of him. I got on the brakes a little to hard and almost laid it over but saved it. At first I was going to just let it go. But as I was passing him as he was turning right into anther parking lot he gave me the ol':finger: I dont take shit from anyone anymore so I turned around to go talk to him. I found him getting out of his car and talked to him about why it was dangerous what he did just because he thought I was riding his butt when I wasnt. He saw it my way and I was really suprised. I half expected a cusing match. I have to say that was my closest call Ive had ever, been lucky.

#10 ·
Always a bad idea to approach someone to question their decision-making abilities. At the point when you leave your intended direction of travel to do this, you become the aggressor from a legal perspective, and anything that happens will be at least partially your fault.

Drive on, and you'll forget all about it within the next five minutes, because someone else will be trying to take you out!!

#11 ·
Rundog said:
Always a bad idea to approach someone to question their decision-making abilities. At the point when you leave your intended direction of travel to do this, you become the aggressor from a legal perspective, and anything that happens will be at least partially your fault.

Drive on, and you'll forget all about it within the next five minutes, because someone else will be trying to take you out!!
Agreed. Never leave your bike. If shit hits the fan, you wont get away on foot. Just give em the bird right back and be on your way.
Or for major asshole violations get some ICON Timax gauntlets and give their ride a knuckle sandwhich and blast off like me :)

#12 ·
I never got off the bike, never shut it off. I can handle myself, trust me. I didnt ask for legal counsel, just stating that I was able to show someone in a cage a riders point of veiw. I did say that I half expected a cusing match, but went to talk to him without any aggrestion.

#13 ·
rustynut said:
I never got off the bike, never shut it off. I can handle myself, trust me. I didnt ask for legal counsel, just stating that I was able to show someone in a cage a riders point of veiw. I did say that I half expected a cusing match, but went to talk to him without any aggrestion.
I'm sure you can take care of yourself, you're grown, do whatever you feel you need to do.

It's still a bad idea, period. How do I know that? Because absolutely no good can come out of it, and a whole world of trouble can result. I hope that others who read this and find themselves in a similar situation think about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.