Sportbike World banner

Private Track Day -6/10/06 - GRATTAN

2K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  HRC NICK 11 
#1 · (Edited)
Grattan had a cancellation for the June 9-11 weekend and I was offered one of the days. Grattan's site hasn't been updated to remove the previous booking

We had a great time on the 19th, so let's do it again. This time its on a Saturday! June 10th.

I am looking to have at least 20 and up to 40 riders for this event. 20 Intermediate and 20 advanced. 2 groups all day long 20 minute sessions

With the track day 3 weeks away I will require payment in full of $150 to lock in your spot. I will settle up at the track if the cost goes up or down.

Payment is due by June 2nd.

If you are interested and did not get an email invite please email me jalapeno_f4i@hotmail.com

The fee includes the use of the track for the day, an ambulance and 7 corner workers.

Since the cost covers the use of the track and the corner workers food/drink will not be provided, I will bring extras but probably not enough for everyone.

This will be a track day with 2 groups alternating Intermediate and Advanced. Please let me know which group you will be running in when you reserve your spot. I reserve the right to ask people to go up or down for safety.

This is for fun, not a race. Passing is allowed in both groups arms length for intermediate and a bit closer for advanced. No stuffing please. If you are faster than the person in front of you, you should be able to do so without risking rider safety.

Hooliganism will not be tolerated. Hooligans will be asked to leave, no refund issued.

Track Support
We will have Section 8 Superbike available this day to assist riders with:

Setting Sag, Rebound, Compression, Bar and Control placement.

They will also be doing evaluations of rider/bike combinations for spring rates etc and will be providing riders with “prescriptions” for riders to maximize their bikes setup.

All for a minimal fee.

Bike Preparation
1) All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike DOES NOT pass tech inspection, you will NOT receive a refund.
2) Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 75% of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. Slicks are allowed in 85% plus condition.
3) All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups.
4) Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter in place of coolant.
5) All valve stems must have caps.
6) Wheel balance weights must be well-secured.
7) License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.

Rider Gear Requirements
1) Damage free DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.
2) Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.
3) Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage.
4) One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip 360º together for intermediate or advanced groups.
5) Back Protectors highly recommended.

If you have any questions about bike set up or gear requirements please feel free to email me.

Looking forward to talking to you and seeing you all at the track!

I will be sending follow up emails to those who sign up as the date gets closer

Thanks!

Michael

See less See more
#5 ·
Man I would love to make this but it happens to be the same day as a ride I'm suppose to lead for Redline.... (man life just ain't fare - reckon that's one multitask I ain't gonna be able to pull off - LOL )

E.

#8 ·
Been tryin to get Redline as a group to do a trackday for years... so far only a couple were ever interested :dunno:

But anyhow.... reckon I'm gonna miss out on this one.. can't back out of a previous commitment to lead the club ride - that wouldn't be cool... :cool:

E.
those of you who dont' have plans already and head out.. you lucky dogs... a freakin SATURDAY PRIVATE DAY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
I'm in, anyone from around troy going?

#15 ·
lucky dogs... weather is lookin perfect :thumb:

E.

#16 ·
ok, well i'm renting a trailer from uhaul (blegh) and then heading up to my apartment in east lansing friday night, I'll be at grattan saturday morning when the gates open (hopefully).

#20 ·
hahaha... sooo what kind of interest rate you chargin?

almightys said:
Nick, you should be all over this like a hobo on a ham sandwich

#22 ·
hey its cool man. I've already arranged for a trailer from uhaul, so if anyone wants to piggy back thats ok. Like I said I'm going up to lansing friday night to stay in my apartment and then heading to grattan saturday morning. See you guys there!

#24 ·
how many did y'all end up with ?

E.

#26 ·
for one only said:
I think Mike said 20-something, so there is enough room for you:D
OH THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR ME :eyebrows:

If I had not already scheduled to lead a club ride for Sat YOU KNOW I WOULD BE THERE :thumb: but it's not in me to be selfish and backout of the ride and do the track.... no matter how tempting it is and no matter how much I'm sure ya'll will rub it in afterwords on how great it was :moon:

Glad to hear the numbers are better than they were before... I was worried about Michael getting stuck big time on this after all the interest mentioned in the pits last trackday :eek:

E.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.