maine sportbike ride? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

maine sportbike ride?

Anyone interested in a sportbike ride for maine people?

If your interested reply to this and leave your email info and dates that would work for you. I will inform you all on the details if there is enough interest.

I was thinking of getting as many sportbikes together as possible and go for a day ride. Maybe people from each area can meet in groups for each region and then ride to a central spot and we can ride for the day. I think I can gather 20-40 bikes in the Lewiston/Auburn area depending on the day and another 10-15 in Portland area... with 5-10 from this site we could have quite a crew of bikes for a ride....

Any takers?

Just thought riding with 40+ sportbikes would be fun and a good way to meet riding people in our areas....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 06:05 AM

Count me in. Any day but today (Tuesday) works well for me. I already PMed you my contact info so we shoud be good to go.

I work in Auburn and live in Portland so I could head out from either of those places depending on what works best.

Hopefully this'll work out.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

hey raptor.... I ride almost everynight. So if you want to ride anytime is fine. So your out for tonight right? I may meet up with wheelie123....

How old are you and what do you ride?

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:49 AM

Yeah, I think I'm out for tonight unless we go really late.

I'm 22 and have a '95 Katana 750 (yeah yeah, I know). I'm fairly new at this motorcycle thing and have only had the bike for a little more than a month. I've got over 1500 miles on it, though, so I've been riding the piss out of the thing.

I think it's already time to get a real bike. Ha!
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

don't know if you call it a real bike but mine's for sale....

ya we can scrap tonight lets shoot for tomorrow or thursday.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 10:17 AM

Man... I miss the days when I looked forward to riding. My car has been laid up for about 8 months now, So I have been relying on my bike to get me to and from work every single day, rain or shine, for the entire spring/summer. This sort of riding definitly kills the fun of riding for me. Luckily, I am about to start putting the car back together, and it will be sold within a month, so I can get another car and stop riding the bike all the time. Give it about a month and Ill be up for some 12 hr riding days on the weekends again.

As for riding with the group... I would have to say Im out. It seems that all of the rides you organize are at night, and I never really liked night riding. I always seem to be too short on light in front of the bike. Try one during the day, preferably on the weekend, and Ill be in.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

I hear ya zx...

During the week I can only ride in the evening. On the weekends I am out at noon and ride all day and night.

I will keep you in the know.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mainerdr
On the weekends I am out at noon and ride all day and night.
Yeah, I bet you ride all day and night. . .Coq Roq!! Sorry bro. . .couldn't resist.

As for a ride, I'm down for this weekend. Like ZX said, I've never been very fond of night rides. No scenery, and you can't see stuff ahead of time that might run onto the road. If y'all wnat to ride this weekend, let me know. I miss group rides, and it would be fun.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 06:48 AM

Im headed to VT for a paintball game this weekend... Ill be leaving Augusta at 3 on Friday. But, as far as I know, I dont have any plans for next weekend.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

wheelie123 call me when you want to ride... you know me I am always out...

Hey went out lastnight with my girl a co-worker of hers and 6 boys from Lew/Aub area and we had a great ride for about 20 min. Then my girls co-worker bit it hard.... He just got a gixxer 600 and missed the second half of an S-turn in the mid of nowhere. Ended up taking it off road at about 60. I was suprised he rode it out on the shoulder (sand & gravel) for about 150ft. before he got got caught in a sink that the water had created. It bucked him off real nice and he did the rag doll roll for about 50ft.

His bike is okay, just about everything on the left side is toasted... but those damn factory blinkers are in great shape... sure can't kill those. I am going up to get the bike today and ride it back to his place in westbrook.

I stopped into the hospital last night about midnight when I had heard he was still there. He walked away from the wreck with some soreness but he was really cool about it. He was jokin and shit.... When I saw him at the hospital he had found out that he had fractured shoulder, ribs, and ankle. Damn......

No more paper plates riding with us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode