maine sportbike ride? - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 AM

Looking at the map, it's probably going to take me at least an hour to get from Auburn to Fryeburg. Does that sound right or is there some secret route I don't know about?

It looks to me like taking Route 11 to 302 would work or I could go North on 121, then 26, then come back South on 117 to hit 302. What do you recommend, wheelie?

In any case, I'll give you a ring before I take off from work so you'll have some idea of when to expect me. What time will you be available? I could probably cut out any time after 3:00 barring a crisis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:01 AM

Go north on 121, then 117, then 302. Much faster. Boring ride (a buddy of mine lives in Auburn, so I know that route like the back of my hand), but it works. Yeah, it's just over an hour.

Because of my job, I can work any schedule that I need to, so I'm available any time. I'm only 50 yards from where I'm going to meet you, so it's easy for me.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

I will give you an update later in the week. I think I can go but not certin. Depends on when you want to meet.

post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:19 AM

Just to be safe, let's say I can't leave work until 4ish. We could meet in Fryeburg at or just after 5. Hopefully that works for you, mainerdr. If not, it'll just be me and wheelie!

And thanks for the directions, wheelie. I appreciate it!
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info!
I will try to meet you guys there... never know I may just be there. Mind if I invite Crys?
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:32 AM

Dude, why would we mind? Just be glad your girl likes bikes. Mine hates them. It didn't help when she left my house yesterday morning and saw me pass 7 cars in front of her at 90+.

Bring Crys, man. It'll be fun for the whole family.

Whatever time works for you guys works for me.
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, will keep you informed.
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 11:36 AM

Ok, I realize this thread is old, but there's a good reason for the necromancy

A) Did you guys ever do this Kanc ride?

B) I live just at the other end of 302 (Whitefield, NH) from you guys, I'd love to meet up in Conway/Fryeburg this spring/summer and ride it with a few of you.

Lets fire up the Kanc plans
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 01:37 PM

When it's warm, I ride the Kanc all of the time, as I live 10 minutes (North Conway) from it. It's worth it, but you've got to catch it at the right times. Spring is dicey because of all of the sand and crap from the winter that is all over the road. Flying through sweepers is fun until you see a huge sand patch. I've had to pull over a few times and check my pants after those.

Let us know when you want to ride, and hit us up. I'm always up for that ride.
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 01:46 PM

Oh yeah, no doubt about the sand. It's better than most roads around here though. The frost heaves will kill you untill they go down in mid-June Fortunately, they keep the Kanc in pretty good shape due to the tourist attraction that it is.

Here's my pick-a-route thread http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=57404

It ain't Deals Gap, but it's what we've got to work with.

- Edit -
It'd be cool for sure if we could get a few people together to ride, though from the sounds of it I couldn't keep up!

Last edited by Fkwyman; 04-01-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode