maine sportbike ride? - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:07 AM

See Raptor, here goes mainerdr with pipe envy again.

Muzzy makes a good pipe for our bikes, so you should get it. Don't know of the sound difference for sure, but I've heard the oval is a little deeper.

Speaking of being fine riders, are we ever going to do a track day, dude?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Track day is every day for me!
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mainerdr
Track day is every day for me!
Nice. . .that's just what raptor13 needs to read, Drew!

post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

I promise I will be good..... safe and responsible..... till he turns his head.....

post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:41 AM

LOL. . .
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 09:02 AM

This is gonna be the best day I've ever had on the bike, I can tell.

I'm really not that worried about riding with you guys. I feel like I have a really good handle on what I can and can't do with my bike. There is no way in hell I'll be trying any stunts, wheelies, or anything beyond what I feel comfortable with. As much as I like peer pressure and pushing my limits, my sense of self-preservation is even stronger. I don't want you guys to worry about me at all... I'm there to have fun and watch you crazy bastards do the wild stuff. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing that, too.

I don't want to just putt putt around, either. I want to get out and run as best I can. I really don't think I'm as terrible a rider as I've made myself out to be but it's exactly that which has kept me (relatively) safe so far. I don't have two inch wide chicken strips, at any rate.

I have everything in the world to learn from you guys as far as technique and all that goes so let's just get out, ride, and have a great f*ing time doing it.
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

looks like rain again tonight....
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:10 AM

Guys, I'm thinking we should get together for a ride on Thursday or Friday. Weather's supposed to be great both days.

Raptor, I think mainerdr is out as far as riding this weekend, so if you wanna ride, let me know. One of the roads that you should definitely try out is the Kancamagus Highway, which is 15 minutes from me.
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 04:56 AM

While I would love to go this weekend, it turns out that I've been booked for an impromptu family gathering in Baltimore. Sure I love my family but this will be my last weekend in Maine and I wanted to spend it touring around. Damn them!

Thursday and/or Friday will work for me, however. Wheelie, if you want, we could hit the Kancamagus Highway (which I've heard all along is fantastic) one of those afternoons. I work in Auburn and can get out around 4 any day this week. We'd still have a few good hours of light and I could just meet you anywhere in the area.

Let me know.
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 06:43 AM

Let's try Thursday afternoon then. The way to come over that would be the easiest and quickest for you will be to take Route 302. I'll meet you in Fryeburg (where I live) at the empty gas station on the right as you are about to leave Fryeburg. My bike is black with a polished frame and black wheels. Trust me: it's a pissant town, and you won't pass by me. I'll have on a red white and black jacket and a red and white Shoei helmet with a tinted shield. You'll see me sitting on my bike about 10 feet off of the road. From there it's a 15 minute ride to the Kanc, and if we hit it on Thursday afternoon, we won't have much traffic. Friday would be awful for traffic, and plus I'm going with my girlfriend to a beach on Friday, so Friday's definitely out.

Just let me know a time, and we'll go from there. Also let me know what you're riding, what color the bike is, what color your gear is, etc.

mainerdr, you want to try and meet, too, before you head up to the Boonies in northern ME this weekend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode