maine sportbike ride? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:44 AM

Can't tell you how many times I've seen and heard this: rider new to group wants to keep up, and goes way over his/her abilities. He's lucky he walked away from that.

Oh, and did you get the joke in my post above, mainerdr? Thought you'd get a kick out of Coq Roq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

O'ya I heard ya... I am just a bit sleepy today.... if you know what I mean.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:53 AM

Yep. . .same here. Hard to believe I've got you beat by 4 years for the age differential for the girls.

post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

I guess the age difference is not so bad when your an old man......

sorry couldn't resist....

keep on keepin on... you know how woman are they always get what they want.... "Ahhh.... the power of PU$$Y"
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:52 AM

Hey guys.

I'm up for a ride tonight if anyone else is. I could be ready to go from Portland any time after 6 and possibly earlier. Mainerdr, I'll definitely give you a call tonight to see what you're up to. You interested, wheelie?

While I'm new at this, I do not plan on being the guy that bites it. I've got plenty of time ahead of me to do that so I'm not in a hurry to start now.
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by raptor13
While I'm new at this, I do not plan on being the guy that bites it. I've got plenty of time ahead of me to do that so I'm not in a hurry to start now.
Then don't ride with mainerdr. . .he's crazy, and you'll bite it for sure. LOL. . .mainerdr is a good rider and y'all will have fun. Wish I could join y'all tonight, but I've got plans with the girl. Thursday night's out, too, b/c I've got tennis in Auburn. We should try and plan something for over the weekend before everyone has plans and can't do a/th.

Anyone. . .Bueller? . . . .Bueller?. . . . this weekend?
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Rider experience and wisdom come over time... I am a jack ass at times but not too crazy....

The most important lesson to lear is that you need to ride within your limits. Even then things can still go wrong.

This weekend works for me! Tonight is not great I gotta get that beater from Lewiston and get it back to westbrook. I want to hang with chris for a bit and maybe tear the bike apart and see what we need to replace.

Sorry raptor... lets plan for the weekend with wheelie what do you think?

Last edited by mainerdr; 08-17-2005 at 09:58 AM.
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
Anyone. . .Bueller? . . . .Bueller?. . . . this weekend?

You've got my number. Call me and I'm ready to go, simple as that.

Is Saturday or Sunday better for you guys?

Last edited by raptor13; 08-17-2005 at 10:03 AM.
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mainerdr
Rider experience and wisdom come over time... I am a jack ass at times but not too crazy....

The most important lesson to lear is that you need to ride within your limits. Even then things can still go wrong.

I completely understand that. Getting experience, knowledge, and more miles as safely as possible is my primary concern right now. I figure I can learn a lot from riding with you guys (especially what not to do ). Like I said, I have plenty of time to be stupid and bite it... I'll stay within my limits for now, thanks.

That said, the group ride won't be quite as enjoyable when you've completely smoked me and left me wondering where the hell you've gone to so quickly.
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

if people are wanting to ride fast someone will stay back with you and if you do lose site if anyone we always stop at all crossroads to wait... and make sure everyone it okay.

I am fine with Sat or Sun. Doesn't matter..... I like sat better but what ever....

why don't we just go out with a few people first. It can be intimidating if your new and your riding in a large pack of people in close quarters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode