New here looking from boston, ma - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

New here looking from boston, ma

Hi im a new rider and was looking for people to meet / ride with. I just picked up a 04 blue R6. Does anyone organize and meets / rides on here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 12:51 PM

Re: New here looking from boston, ma

Quote:
Originally posted by Beantown R6
Hi im a new rider and was looking for people to meet / ride with. I just picked up a 04 blue R6. Does anyone organize and meets / rides on here?
new rider with a new R6? good luck with it bro and respect its power and authority. don't ride it like a dick. i'm in your area and i don't want to read about you in the papers.

welcome BTW.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

yeah i just finished a safety beginer course over the weekend. i got a good head on my shoulders and im not gonna get on the bike and ride like an itiot. i hope to use the forumn to find some useful information. i also own a rsx and i post on clubrsx. we have meets over there alot and get together and cruise around. i was hoping to find the same type of community over here. are there alot of bostonians on this forum?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beantown R6
yeah i just finished a safety beginer course over the weekend. i got a good head on my shoulders and im not gonna get on the bike and ride like an itiot.
good for you and glad to hear it. if you head west, let me know. maybe we'll hook up.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 03:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris Sedition Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Sedition
Hey! and welcome to the SBW.

new rider and new R6...could be a scary combo. take care of yourself on it. that bike has quite a punch. where did you get yours from? my best friend also just got a blue '04 R6 from Riverside in Union Sq. I've actully been riding it more than he has, heh. it's a really a fun bike. both of us live in Central Sq (cambridge, ma). where you at?

-chr|s

LISTEN TO SLAYER
AIM: chR1s sedition
Yahoo: CSedition

2003 R1 (black / red / hell-fire)

"All black, no bling"
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Sedition
Hey! and welcome to the SBW.

new rider and new R6...could be a scary combo. take care of yourself on it. that bike has quite a punch. where did you get yours from? my best friend also just got a blue '04 R6 from Riverside in Union Sq. I've actully been riding it more than he has, heh. it's a really a fun bike. both of us live in Central Sq (cambridge, ma). where you at?

-chr|s
hey cool man, i live in watertown, MA. I bought the bike at Excalibur Powersports in CT. I think i got a good deal, my friend brought me down there that, he has brought them 10 ppl to buy bikes, including myself. i paid 7800 OTD, but i gotta pay the taxes in Mass when i register it. it ws the last one they had so i bought it I actually don't have the bike yet, i wanted to ride it home this weekend but since it is gonna snow tuesday and maybee fri i don't think thats gonna happen, so im gonna get my dad's silverado and truck it back. i have taken my friends 250 ninja out on the road and i took the course, i feel comfortable on a bike, but im sure the R6 is a hell of a fast bike, and the handling is superior, i can't wait to get on it. but i know to respect the bike, and im just gonna take it easy on it. do you have a bike or do you just ride your friends R6?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 03:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris Sedition Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Sedition
hey, i sent you an email on your sportbike account. got nothing back. maybe it got lost on the server or something. figured i'd try this route...hit me back.

-chr|s

LISTEN TO SLAYER

"All black, no bling"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 12:22 PM

there are many groups that meet Thursday night at the motocafe in Acton. Some good people and we actually ride.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 11:38 AM

Here is some info for you on Local (To Boston) Sport Riding Groups, and how to find cool peeps to ride with.

http://www.nestreetriders.com

http://www.sportriders.com

Also, Bike nights:

Tuesday nights, Heratage Ice Cream in Lowell MA has BIKE NIGHT. It's located on the Merimac River, near Umass. 300-600 bikes show up EVERY WEEK.

Thursday Nights, Motomarket in Acton on Rt 119/2A (http://www.motomkt.com) has Euro bike night (it's open to all kinds of bikes tho, Jap included) and I believe a group rides from there to Miracle of Science Bar on Mass Ave for "Bike night" there after the MotoMkt hanging out.

And as a side note, you can show up at Motomarket in Acton ANY weekend morning around 9 when they open to find group rides leaving for various routes around New England.

Hope you enjoy the R6, that's a sweet ride man. Be Safe.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 01:39 PM

Quote:
[i]

Thursday Nights, Motomarket in Acton on Rt 119/2A (http://www.motomkt.com) has Euro bike night (it's open to all kinds of bikes tho, Jap included) and I believe a group rides from there to Miracle of Science Bar on Mass Ave for "Bike night" there after the MotoMkt hanging out.

[/B]

i live across the street from Mircle of Science...there are *always* bikes parked there at night.

also Riverside Motorsports (Union Sq, Somerville MA) does rides leaving from the store on Sunday mornings (10am, usually leave by 10:30am) that gfo all day. check their web cite

http://www.riversidemoto.com/event_c...38I21JPMQ194R0

or Chris at the store for 617-628-6400 for details.

-chris sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER

"All black, no bling"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode