Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Computer techs needed... HELP ME!!!
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
ZX6R1033

Its a home computer.

New Setup

Motherboard : Asus A8V
Processor: AMD Athelon 64
PSU: Unknown
HD: Maxtor 200gig 7,200 RPM
Memory: Crucial, 1gig
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9200 Xtacy
Sound Card: M-Audio Delta 44

Old setup

Motherboard: Asus A6N
Processor: AMD Athelon XP
PSU: Okia
HD: (1) Maxtor 60gig 7200 rpm, (1) Maxtor 40gig 7200 rpm
Memory: PNY (1)1gig, (1)512meg
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9200 Dual Moniter
Sound Card: M-Audio Delta 44

I looked through BIOS yesterday after work, and I couldn;t find anything for changing the saftey feature for the temp. I pulled the heat sink off, wiped the old (3 day old, wow) grease off, applied new grease, and put it back together. I have a spare ATX case in the garage, I could put a second computer together with my parts from the first one, aside from the HD which was a total loss when the computer crashed the first time. Unfortunatly, I have spent all the money I care to spend on this thing for now... I have too many other things I want. I have replaced every single part in the computer, and the problem is still there. By my math, that means I have spent over $500 that I didnt need to spend in an attempt to get it up and running again.

On a side note... the computer only kicks off when I am trying to run a program that demands a rather high amount of processor. If the computer is ideling, it seems to work OK. The monitering software I was linked to will not even detect the sensors for the CPU, so it is of no help to me at this stage.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome