Sportbike World banner

Fireplace Anyone?

2K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Boycie 
#1 ·
So Joe calls me to tell me that he's found a buyer for the 05 R6......and the 06 CBRR1000 is just but a fat cheque away...as agreed!

Some brand new Oxtail booties are left outside my door, just my size.

All a bit suspicious if you ask me.

Is that colour scheme so bad you need to bribe riders into the team?

What's the name by the way and how many spare radiators do I need?

Decisions ...decisions!

#2 ·
Just Do it !!!

C'mon Joycie,

Join the Fat Farks and lets have a bit of a tussle to see who can take that coveted 10th place (I hope I'm not too optimistic there)

For the punters like BP he could run a book with that amazing "betting without the favourites" carry on.

And now we've got the race colours too so we can indoctrinate you into the team with relative ease. Best thing of all is that the tank is just a cover so you can spray it as many times as you like!!!!

#4 ·
But its a HONDA!!!!!!!

That's like devil worship or something isn't it.

#8 ·
and many more.....

Blue Catt said:
oooh yeah ... now i feel a song coming on ....
think there was a song called "Highway to Hell" by the band ACDC....

and then we could also link that to the song by Meat Loaf called "Bat out of Hell". That song can be played in the background when Boycie brings out his new ride... with handkerchief around the wrist and all....:thumb:

that music sure beats the crap we hear now....

#9 ·
This is the last time I ever take fat fark Boycie seriously on anything.

I was at his place, having tea, listening to endless drivel about how busy he is, and how he will have to take it all easy, and how ... and how... and how ....

Thank fark he through me out when he ran out of things to waffle about ....

And then, along comes a cheque book and a sponser ... and BONG !! ... he's off again ....

If my vote counts, it's a no brainer .... go for it Boycie !!!
:twofinger :twofinger

#10 ·
No

Don't want one now...so there!

#13 ·
Excellent

Good call BC ...i missed that one.
Probably due to the drivel marge has been posting.

Coffee you could get away with but TEA...did he get out the best china and doilies :D

#14 ·
Hold on...!

The guy came around and asked to be breast fed!

Tea was safer!

But back to the point....

After sitting down with Team Gulp, it's become clear that the math's doesn't work.

The R6 gets me S$14K, the new CBR S$21K. Ok only a difference of S$7k and all quite manageable.

However, Gulp Specifications require:

1) Team approved race plastic and 'Piere Revolto' Paint job.
2) Current Gulp engine specs are hazy but the Dirk option looks a bit pricey and involves sending the engine somewhere, the Gareth option means saying yes to every goodie Joe has in the shop and minimum cash required to get it to be the slowest bike on the grid is S$9k.
3) No Tea and scones included at turn 4 when we feel a bit tired and need a rest.
4) Team Gulp doesn't think that MSS will disqualify anybody faster than us as and when we request it. So once again the rules have changed a bit since 2001.

So around S$16K extra for the same humiliation I going to get in the 600's.

#16 · (Edited)
Indeed so GD

But that's my point......I have been throwing cash down the tubes with the best of them for years.

I've spent my last S$15K on a TL1000R in 1999 to go racing, (good choice eh!), realised the error of my ways and bought a 99 R6 to find out what going around corners was supposed to be like, only to sell it to Silva for practically nothing and get 18 months of ear-ache about chains, forks and is their toilet paper in the boggs what gear to be in when entering the gravel over the handle bars etc, seen a 3 month old 02 R1 commit suicide on a tyre wall, bought the one 636 lemon who's front end I threw countless fortunes at to stop jack hamerring around under brakes.

The 05 R6 I have now is sound as a pound, all be it down on a few ponies. I'll stick on that for the time being, fun though it would be in team gulp, its S$16k in reserve for tyres, repairs, Hot cams and anything else that my pop up this season.

By the way if anyone has some hotcams for an 05 R6, send them to me and I will throw some money at you!

#18 ·
Re: Hang on....

Gixxer_Dave said:
I can't believe your trying to justify the cost of racing Boycie..... your on a hiding to no where with that one ;)

I hear the local bowls club is looking for new members and they DEF serve tea down there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well said that man...ironic that the guy with the least relationship commitments ( loadsa spare cash from not buying shoes, clothes and handbags) is moanin about the pennies.

I reckon it's loosing the "it's only a 600" factor thats keeping him from team VISA.
I've got a mate with LC 350 for sale all tricked out, super light invisible cams, suspension by "fluffy cloud". Avon road runners that have lasted 15 years so an MSS season should be no problem.

:thumb:

#19 ·
Re: Re: Hang on....

bigphil said:
Well said that man...ironic that the guy with the least relationship commitments ( loadsa spare cash from not buying shoes, clothes and handbags) is moanin about the pennies.
That's not true I have tons of handbags

#21 ·
oooooo!

Are you referring to my healthy contempt of wimmin types??

That's not baggage...it's common sense.

#24 ·
Re: Now then my Old China

Blue Catt said:
I've seen Boycie's best China... its a collection of giveaway mugs that you get from Dell, Caltex... and the ones that come free with an Easter egg.

Cutlery is mostly courtesy of SIA (or is that in my house, I can't remember so better shut up!)
:eek: :D
I think you'll find the mugs are AMX...a company he ran ( into the ground) then became the numero uno distributor and programmer. Smart Lad:cool:
Now if he could just do the same with birds:twofinger

He's never been the same since we made him throw Glenda the chicken out.
And it's no coincidence that bird flu started about the same time if you ask me!!!!!!:eek:

#25 ·
Glenda's Chicken

bigphil said:
I think you'll find the mugs are AMX...a company he ran ( into the ground) then became the numero uno distributor and programmer. Smart Lad:cool:
Now if he could just do the same with birds:twofinger

He's never been the same since we made him throw Glenda the chicken out.
And it's no coincidence that bird flu started about the same time if you ask me!!!!!!:eek:
Are you deliberately trying to push all my buttons on this post, cos its working!!!

1) Don't get me started with AMX...they wouldn't listen, even after I pointed out S.E Asia was outside the state of Texas. But them good'ol boys knew best and did it their way, after all they're americans and they always right about everything.

2) It's Glenda's Chicken..not Glenda the chicken. Some people keep photo's of their girlfriends and ex's, some carve knothces on their bed, .....I just prefer to keep frozen chicken from 1997. What's wrong with that?

#26 ·
Re: Glenda's Chicken

Boycie said:
Some people keep photo's of their girlfriends and ex's, some carve knothces on their bed, .....I just prefer to keep frozen chicken from 1997, defrost it, give that breast a good ol shaggin with my love wand, and stick it back in the freezer....
:twofinger :twofinger did he really say that ?? :drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.