Honda Super Cycle at Mid Ohio? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to BMXnasty
Honda Super Cycle at Mid Ohio?

Anyone going to this? I've never been to a sportbike race before, but I was thinking about going to this one. I've heard mid ohio race track is pretty cool too.

Also, anyone know of any bike meets or organizations in the Columbus area?

Thanks and hope to see some of you at mid ohio.

'99 gsxr750...murdered
in the market for a replacement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 AM

I will be there and I know a lot of others will be as well. As for groups, depends on the kind of rider you are.

If you always ride with gear and prefer twisty roads and ride within your abilities check out www.coreriders.com but if you're looking for all kinds of riders without any requirements on gear choices check out www.ohio-riders.net Ohio Riders has more daily activity.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Tons of people from Pittsburgh are going.

I wait for this even every year. I love it! Been going for 5-6 years.

http://www.bikerplanet.net

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 04:18 AM
Strength and Honor

I won't be there for the races but rather for the CSS event on Monday and will arrive sometime Sunday evening. Sure am glad I got my hotel well in advance

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 AM

will be there with a few guys.. there will be a ton from all over northwest ohio and south bend going

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Stop by the Women's Sportbike Rally booth and say Hi to me! I've never worked a booth before and it will be crazy because I'm used to running around like a social butterfly at the races!

I should be there all day Saturday and Sunday sweating my ass off. It's supposed to be a scorcher of a weekend. I'm bringing my squirt guns to offer a little "cool down" for passerbys! Nothing like getting someone's attention than by a cold blast of water! Think anyone will mind?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 10:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to 05RR
I already talked to ninjagirl but I'm also going to the races. I only live like 40 minutes from the track, just a straight shot up 71, take the back way through the twistys and wa la, heaven. I remember last year, as we were leaving, there were people standing by the gates, etc., workers, who were throwing water on riders as they were leaving. They even had like little tiny like throw away camel backs full of ice cold water. If you were thirsty, just slip the tube in the helmet, chug away and then throw away. Kinda of nifty but I'd think that those lil suckers wouldn't be cheap. Anyways...I just moved to the area (around Columbus) and am looking for new people to ride with. If you'd like to ride sometime, just send me a message.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Been there Saturday + Sunday! Great racing... I've got some great photos as well. Sunday was miserable and I only stayed for about an hour before I left home soaking wet and slightly cold. Check these out:

Light speed too slow? Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... ludicrous speed!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 05:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to 05RR
Niiiiice! All the bikes running and the sweet smell of race fuel makes me happy! As soon as you turn onto the tracks main road, you can smell that race fuel plain as day and you just know that he worlds greatest riders are not that far away!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:00 PM

Good Lord yes! Saturday I was stationed at turn 6, I think, and was probably <40ft away from the track. It was freaking pants-spooging incredible! Sunday I caught a view of Tommy Hayden, Ben Spies, and a few others signing stuff but didn't stay for long as my undercrackers were soaked. I also got to ride 2 laps on the track with my bike, although at about 40mph and with a bunch of other people.

Funny thing about going to Mid-Ohio last weekend for the first time... I felt like I've been there before. I had so much deja vu it wasn't funny. ...Maybe I was a racer in a past life?

Light speed too slow? Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... ludicrous speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode