NW Burbs of chicago... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

NW Burbs of chicago...

Heres a question I expect zero people to respond to.

I am currently in the market for buying a sport bike. The issue with this is, I have never ridden a sport bike, only cruisers.

Is there anyone out there in the area that would be willing to let me ride there sport bike for like 10 mins?
Unfortunately I dont have any friends that have a sport bike.
I would be willing to put a deposit down or something to keep your mind at ease while im riding.
I'm not looking to rip the bike, im just looking to get a quick feel of the ride, that you cant get from just sitting on the thing.

Dealers wont let you test ride, so Im pretty open to try anything to get a ride in before buying.
Are there that many people that just buy blindly, without ever even riding the bike? guess so...

I'm looking at getting a 600RR, but at this point any sport bike someone would be willing to let me ride would be glorious.

If I get a couple 'F*&% You's!' or 'are you crazy?' responses, I wont mind.
Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:21 AM
Strength and Honor

If I were in the area and still had a running bike, I'd let you try mine out in a second. An alternative is to find some for sale, take the amount asked for in cash and a witness and agree that if you lay it down he gets the money and you keep the ride. Basically, you want a test ride and are willing to put up the money as a safety net.

Forget dealers, they'll very very rarely let you test ride one and then its only the pre-owned ones. YMMV.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 07:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to bozjidar
Just find someone in your area selling the kind of bike you want, make sure you ride your bike there... so he knows you can ride... and take it for a test ride... No one is going to expect you to buy a used bike without taking it for a test ride.

In fact that would be a great way to get the feel of several different bikes.

You're not obligated to buy it just cause you rode it...

Ves
NESBA #747
Still don't know what I want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode