Any into trackdays? (road america) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Any into trackdays? (road america)

Plan on taking a track day trip to elkhart lake for a trackday with SBTT next summer.. Anyone else from the area into these things?? Will be my first time so i plan on having fun and learning at the same time..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 06:24 PM

Elkhart Lake

Wheres elkhart lake?

Or am in getting outta my league of not being in indiana... I would love trackdays.. Never been to one though.. Only problem is that i cant see justifying buyin the suit and boots for only using them possibly at most 3 times a year..

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 06:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar7R Send a message via Yahoo to Kevlar7R
Buy the boots and the suit, and the gloves, and the helmet... and wear them on the street. When I go canyon carving, I wear my leathers.

And besides.... You do one trackday, and you'll be hooked. You'll be using those leathers every chance you get.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 05:04 AM

Wish i had a canyon to carve in around here..

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Elkhart lake is in wisconsin, near sheboygan i believe, or what im told. The track is road america and nesba and sport bike track times run there (pretty sure nesba does!)
I plan on joining SBTT to do this, i too was thinking about spending so much money on leathers and such but like stated, i can use them if i need to. I was actually thinking of getting a two piece suit, then i can just wear the jacket if so desired.. The boots i would wear regardless because if you go down with tennis shoes your ankle may get crushed like a beer can.. Anyone interested in trackdays?? Especially this particular track? I'm kind of looking for someone to hang out with, i may be going alone and being alone for a first time kind of drags! I'm planning on starting this next summer (HOPE) if i can rack up the money for suits and such.. Anyone doing this currently let me know.. I know an instructor from a different board that said he'd take me under his wing if i needed, which would be cool...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 07:30 AM
mnd

I will be at Elkart Lake with NESBA.com next year. Going to Road Atlanta 11/20 and 11/21. Anyone interested in track days should seriously take a look at NESBA. They have at least a dozen pros on hand who are more than happy to work one on one with anybody who asks for pointers!

And I agree with Kevlar7R......if you do one......you'll be hooked. They are the most fun you can have with clothes on!

Just put me back on my bike.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 07:58 PM

I would love to do them but work prohibits it to a certian point..

Workin for the railroad on call 24/7.. it sucks..

But its good money.. Im still debaiting on the 2 piece..

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode