Mid-Ohio 2004 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mid-Ohio 2004

Anybody going to mid-ohio this year for the bike races? Has anybody gone before and camped there? I am curious about how they are if you want to come and go if you want to go for a morning ride before the races or go grab a bite to eat? How about bring in things like beer if you camp? Or would I be better finding somplace close by to camp instead? I am tring to get a bunch of the guys I work with down there and am looking for info. Hope to see some of you all there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 06:45 PM

Hey Erich,

I camped there for a couple of years in my wilder days. The place is a giant, noisy party (at least it was when I camped there) and you will get shite for sleep.

If I remember correctly:

-as long as you have a re-entry pass you can come and go as you please.

- bring as much beer as will fit in your cooler...they don't care.

- No other campgrounds close to the track and hotel rooms are expensive and hard to find...so campling at the track might be your best (only) option.

Enjoy...just don't expect much rest.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 04:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to lilbittatrouble Send a message via Yahoo to lilbittatrouble
HI! I've camped out there the last couple years and its a BLAST! Racing all day, and party all night. Its a great time. Munch is right, the hotel rooms are expensive and there aren't any more camp grounds in the area, but the grounds there are huge!!

there were 30 of us last year that went in a group, and the way they did it was $30 for a pass... but 3 ppl could share a pass. As long as one person had the pass w/ them, all in the party could enter.

We usually get there by friday round 9am, and got a good spot to camp, close to the track (if u want to awaken to the sound of bikes racing by at 730 in the morning... if u like to sleep in then i would suggest heading to the back of the grounds )

But seriously, its the one event i look forward to every year.... Hope you guys have fun!! (maybe i'll c ya there.. i'll be the only 5' tall 100lb girl on an all black 600RR)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

sounds good, hopefully I will be able to make it. planning on ridig down fri morn with some guys I work with. hope to make it but I am busy house hunting and may not be able to afford the time off work I'll keep an eye out for ya if I do go. hopefully some others from the sight might make it as well?
thanks for the info.. Erich
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tramatized
Ahh...........my favorite weekend of the year...........Been goin for about 15 years now.............What can I say............Nice bikes......good racing........and good looking women..........how much better can it get? But seriously they are cool..........as long as you dont go doing anything stupid at like 3 am you should be fine..........Lots of cool people up there and tons of sick bikes........Less then 2 weeks cant wait..........just bought a new bike and I cant wait to ride it up there..........this will be my first year riding up there.............gonna be awesome........got the truck loaded with beer and other stuff lol..........Maybe Ill see ya there man.................do yourself a favor and deffinitely go though cuz its worth it........and dont miss out on the campgrounds by goin somewhere else to camp.............camping is half the fun it gets crazy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 12:42 PM

What about viewing spots? Where are some good spots around the track? I have a general admission pass and a paddock pass.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 03:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja250F18
This sucks that I have to work all weekend, but I will be up on Park Ave in Mansfield all night during the weekend, supposed to have around 4,000 people there and a crap load of bikes. Party is on.

Burn rubber not your soul, Ruff Riders for life.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

I have to work now on satuday so it looks as if I woun't be camping. I am still planning on making my way down on sunday to watch some races and party
Mayby if I got the time I'll have to run down to mansfield saturday night. sounds like fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode