I will be in Indy from Feb 13th to the 18th - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Founder

I will be in Indy from Feb 13th to the 18th

I will be attending the North American Dealer Show in Indy from the 13th to the 18th of Feburary.

On the 13th and the 18th I will be busy as shit, but I would like to try and go out to dinner with a few MotoZine members on Friday or Saturday night (I will busy at the show during the day)

I'll let you all know what hotel I'll be staying at in the next week or so.

So does anyone want to show me a good place to eat?

And if any of you are working for a dealer / distributor / manufacturer and would like to meet me at the Dealer show that would be great as well!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 07:08 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Re: I will be in Indy from Feb 13th to the 18th

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
I will be attending the North American Dealer Show in Indy from the 13th to the 18th of Feburary.

On the 13th and the 18th I will be busy as shit, but I would like to try and go out to dinner with a few MotoZine members on Friday or Saturday night (I will busy at the show during the day)

I'll let you all know what hotel I'll be staying at in the next week or so.

So does anyone want to show me a good place to eat?

And if any of you are working for a dealer / distributor / manufacturer and would like to meet me at the Dealer show that would be great as well!
Either go to Broadripple or downtown. Broadripple has an awesome bar scene as does downtown. Lots of stuff to do in the Indianapolis area. Hope ya have a great time, wish I could get back there!

As far as good places to eat.....hmmm.....I assume you'll have a car there, and my brother is the head chef of a place in Greenwood just south of Indy. It's hands down my favorite place to eat! It's kind of a seafood/steak type place. If you're interested let me know and I can hook ya up with directions or whatever.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Strength and Honor

No promises, but I might be able to meet ya. Wife was due with our first kid yesterday, so not sure if I'll be able to break away that early. If I can, it'll be after the weekend since I'm out of town on business.

Post the hotel, and I'll respond when I get back and the time draws near.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to rdozz
Robert,

That is a great show! I worked the show one year a couple of years ago for Airrider. I got a bunch of cool posters, and a few signed by some great looking bikini models. Believe it or not my wife would not let me hang the posters in the family room..lol?

BTW: I am in Garden Grove, CA this week and then Santa Cruz next week, man the weather is nice here (mid 70s)..and to think it might snow this week in Chatt, TN. If I had to be out of town this is a good 2 weeks........

Have fun if you can,
Rob

Last edited by rdozz; 01-15-2003 at 01:27 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Some days are like this.

Robert? Heading to Indy?

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!! (And leave me there!)

CA =

Okay, now that I have that out of my system: I agree with spicersh - his bro's place is very tasty! (Just don't tell him you're a friend of ours, you might get something "extra" in your meal.. )

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to partaymon
Hey Robert! Where, exactly, is the show being held? Terre Haute isn't too far from Indy, and I could definately use the diversion! Besides, it's close to my birthday, and my wife needs some gift ideas!
By the way-- any chance of trying on any Fieldsheer gear?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by partaymon
Hey Robert! Where, exactly, is the show being held? Terre Haute isn't too far from Indy, and I could definately use the diversion! Besides, it's close to my birthday, and my wife needs some gift ideas!
Sorry bro, the show is only open to dealers, distributors and manufacturers.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to partaymon
I'll beg Chad (Thompson) over at Thompson's Motorsports to hire me for the day!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Honda Moderator

I'll be working the show too

If you want to send me a PM & I'll reciprocate with my cell phone# & maybe we can hook up for dinner or drinks while we are there.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 04:24 PM

I will be holding down the fort for XSBA at the Clear Channel booth with the 110% video

look me up

Thomas

www.outonparole.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode