Favorite Missouri Roads?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Question Favorite Missouri Roads??

Hello,

I just wondered if any riders in Missouri have any particular roads that you consider the best?

Im from central MO, and we have highway 87 between Boonville and Slater that is one of the curviest ones in the area.

Also I drove Highway 135 from Pilot Grove to Highway 5 at Lake Ozarks, and it was the most enjoyable rode I have found.
Scenery with the trees in the fall was awesome

Just curious if there are any I should be checking out, because its getting to the point where I've been down all the roads within a large radius from my house.

Later,
Sheridan

1997 Yamaha YZF600R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 06:18 AM

The Roads between Sedalia and The Lake of the Ozarks are the best I have ever found. Not sure of the names, just know how to get there.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

I will have to check them out soon, Sedalia is only 30 miles south of me.

Thanks,
Sheridan

1997 Yamaha YZF600R

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 08:38 AM

I live in Sedalia. There's not a whole lot going on south of here in my opinion. I'm sure there's plenty of nice twisties down around the lake though. There's some nice backroads between here and booneville. Z, N, Hwy 5. There's a short stretch just east of Sedalia, Hwy O between HH and 50hwy... my favorite stretch. Only about a 2-3 miles long, but it's got a few challenging curves on it.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 02:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to R.I.P.
Hi

I'm from Monett. Down by Branson it get real twisty down there and better the further south you go. Like in Ark. it is a blast down there. I ride every night and all weekend if you would like to come down I'd show you around. Nice to see there are some people from Missouri on here. Got pictures of your bikes?

I REFUSE TO TIPTOE THROUGH LIFE .......ONLY TO ARRIVE SAFELY TO DEATH!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 04:17 PM

87 north leaving California is ok, about the same as going to Eldon. Once you get past ...past trying to remember that damn little town

Oh damn I cant remember, and to think I got married there anyways hang a right following the Louis and Clark trail until you come to a stop sign and then follow that to JC.

The better Missouri roads are past Hwy 54 going south, or South of the lake. They get even better once your south of I-44.

From Sedallia though, go to 87S to Eldon Left to Russelville Right onto A or AA last right leaving Russelville. Ride that to Hwy54 Left On 54 to Brazil right going to Eugene, right onto BB left onto 17 to Tuscumbia Left at the Bridge to to damnit forgot another town...the one before Crocker, right on that road going to the lake, then left at a gas station to crocker, back onto 17 then as your leaving crocker hang a right going to Richland right at the stop sign through town right at the light (reasturant) left going to sleeper right at the stop sign then back left until the next stop sign, right over the tracks right where the road splits back to the lake. Takes about 3 hours. A fun little route though. Careful on the road going to sleeper it has a few decreasing radius that sneak up on you, but it is newly repaved

BTW I grew up in Missouri and come back at least once a year to ride. My Dad lives in Russelville, Sister in California...then a crap load of family all over the place. I know my way around pretty decent in those hills Theres a guy in russelville that rides an SB8R Bimota...and another in Camdenton that runs a VFR with a plate that reads "Geezer" you cant miss either, and they are both pretty damn fast, fun guys to run with though.

WARNING: married, bald and 2 kids rider may lash out at any time!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 04:02 AM

Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by R.I.P.
I'm from Monett. Down by Branson it get real twisty down there and better the further south you go. Like in Ark. it is a blast down there. I ride every night and all weekend if you would like to come down I'd show you around. Nice to see there are some people from Missouri on here. Got pictures of your bikes?
Hey!
I think Iíve passed you couple times down there, havenít I?
And thatís going to same direction I might add

*****Attack Life*****
***It's going to kill***
*****you anyway****
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 05:16 AM

I don't know???

What bike DID you have? Because the last time I saw it I believe It was in a pile on the side of the road and couldn't tell what it was! O what I have a pic. of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:finger

Last edited by R.I.P.; 05-26-2003 at 05:39 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 05:23 AM

Would you care to explain what happend! If I remember right you fell over sitting on the road!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 05:47 AM

ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode