Annual SB* Campout - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to BamBam Send a message via Yahoo to BamBam
Post Annual SB* Campout

Errr... I know there is going to be one... and it's somewhere in Shawnee State Park later this month....

Anyone got the skinny? Please post details!

Cheers, Bill (BamBam)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

I live in fear of not being misunderstood. ~ Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 11:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Breeze Send a message via Yahoo to Breeze
Bill, thanx for the e-mail brother. I have been making arrangements for posting ALL our Ohio info.

Last night, thru e-mail i spoke with Robert concerning the fact that we are always so damned busy and all. Robert has been really great to us, we have our own Ohio forum once again and he will also provide the stickies for all our events as i get them posted up here and in the future. SOOOO, everyone, please be patient as i get them posted on the forum. Remember, i'm old and go only at one pace....SLOW. I will get every thing up here so PLEASE, be sure to check these boards regularly...

Also, i have to give many props and Thanx to Amy over at C.O.R.E. for all her help and support as we try to re-group.Amy spent her break this morning on the phone with me to help resolve the problems i was having with posting on the new CORE boards.

OK, now, having said all this. 2 things i need from everyone else, 1: I need all our Ohio riders e-mail addy's. Don't ask why, just send them to me. This will aid in keeping our regulars together. It will also help with any and all new peeps we happen to have come along by being here on a new forum.

2: I am asking that everyone here also take the time to check out the C.O.R.E. site as well. Reason being, i am and will be setting up an Ohio Riders Events section in conjuntion with CORE Events on Amy's site.

I will continue to post all our events here on SBW and build more heavily and state wide on the CORE site.

Now, concerning the campout. YES, we are still a go. I have already paid for this event so ya'll bettter show up. !!!!!!....

It is Oct. 18-19-20 in Shawnee State Forest.
The cost of camping is as follows:

Group Camp Area is $35.00 a night and the site with electric is $15.00 a night. Yes , we need this site as well and for the record it is already occupied. Matt and Dave will be putting the camper there. It just wont make it into the group area.

So, the numbers times 2 = $100.00 for the whole weekend. Not bad really considering the cost to you all depends on HOW MANY people show up... It has been asked what we will do for meals.

Well, Firday as you show up in the afternoon or whenever you get there, your on your own. Brown bag it or bring lite foods with you. Or, we can make a run to the corner store. There is a small store close by.

Saturday: Breakfast at the Lodge. This is a great place and the wait staff are very good to us and very willing to please as well.
We will be making break stops along the group ride on saturday and we will prolly pick a place in Portsmouth on the way back in for dinner.

Sunday: Breakfast at the lodge once again and then most people will be packing up and heading home so.....

At this time i am working on a small flyer with all the events of the weekend on it and a route sheet for the group ride. Low and behold, this is anopther a reason i need ya'lls addy's.So i can e-mail these out a head of time along with directions to the Park.

For now, PLEASE... feel free to call me with your questions and or concerns concerning this event. I am here to help you ant way that i can. My cell # is 937-554-6826 and i have it on from 5 am till 10pm everyday..

Hope this helps every one out...

Rob
"Breeze"

Fast is dangerous,dangerous is thrilling,thrilling is powerful and powerful is sexy...

Or..something like that.

OHIO RIDERS RULE !!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 12:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
I already have my Vacation day in for friday and there should be 3 of us coming down.Maybe a few more not sure yet.Depending on how CBR DOG feels that day....(im sure he'll be sick) LOL and wont make it to work we should be there early to mid afternoon on friday i think.

YAMAHA........WHY WOULD YOU EVER RIDE ANYTHING ELSE??

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 01:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Breeze Send a message via Yahoo to Breeze
The more the merrier...the more the cheaper this weekend will be for everyone....

I have that Friday off as well. I will be there early. Should get there by about 9-9:30 am.

The tuffist part will be finding the right entrance as we found out last year sooooo, I have made up some signs marking the entrance everyone will need to use.

I will have to re-make them but the signs will be marked:

OHIO RIDERS
So, be sure to watch for them. IF anyone needs directions, i will have them up in a day or so...

Rob

Fast is dangerous,dangerous is thrilling,thrilling is powerful and powerful is sexy...

Or..something like that.

OHIO RIDERS RULE !!!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 01:40 PM
Founder

I really wish I could join you all out there (I grew up in Columbus). But unfortunatly I am in Southern California right now and I don't think my boss at Fieldsheer would give me the time off.

But have fun everyone and ride safe!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 04:43 PM

I will be there friday as well. I will be driving the truck over with the bike in the back, so anyone from the cincy area that needs gear/supplies brought over let me know.

robert..thanks for everything you have done for us refugees. It breaks my heart to know that you won't be coming because you can't make it all the way from socal. But I'm sure you will thinking of us this winter when you are riding and we are stuck inside!

patrick
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 05:40 PM

well if i am sick and cant goto work then i will have to go drinking the night before then right, ok it looks like buffalo wild wings it is lol
hey wait a second i have a deal at work that is even better if i take a 2 for 1 deal i can get 2 days off for the same price 1 occurance looks like i will be out on wednesday have a day to recoop and still be fresh for friday.

loyal honda owner
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 12:54 PM

Patrick (kyrex1) Looking forward to riding with you again. I haven't seen you since last years campout.

See everyone in 2 weeks
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 12:57 PM

2hyper,

Do you have a list of confirmed people that are coming?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 04:44 PM

Hey Rob-I still plan on shipping my stuff down with you UNLESS someone from the Col. area is trailering down. I'll eventually need directions to your house but that can wait for now. I am psyched!!!-Marty PS-Huge thanks to Robert for helping keep our group together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode