Mid Missouri - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Mid Missouri

Hey,

New biker here in mid missouri....just about the center of the state....MARSHALL, MO.

Is there anybody on this site that is in a relativlely close distance to marshall? I currently ride alone learning the ropes, but would love to meet others for a group ride just to see whats up.

Columbia is about 55miles east of here, kansas city about 80 miles west.....sitting right on I70.

Just wondered if anyone from around here rides....kinda doubt it as every bike shop withing 100 miles carrys only "cruiser" gear.

Later,
Sheridan

1997 Yamaha YZF600R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 07:33 AM

Hey Sheridan,

Just wanted to say "Welcome"!!! I know exactly where you are, right in the middle of nowhere.

If you ever make it to St. Louis, drop me a line. There are many riders out here, and we are always up for a little extra company.

Later and Ride Safe
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 02:59 PM

I hear there are some damn good riders in Columbia.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

I dont know how much riding I would feel like doing after a trip to St Louis...its about 3 hours from here one way....but if I ever do happen to plan a trip up there I will get ahold of you.

Hey LovemyR6....any places in St Louis that sell Alpinestars Jackets?....I have searched everywhere and cant find a person that stocks them to try on, I would hate to order the wrong size.

Tigerblade, are there a lot of riders in Columbia? Its not really a long trip on the bike, little under an hour. Of course I would embarres myself around experienced riders, but hey I gotta learn somehow.

Thanks for the replys,

Later,
Sheridan

1997 Yamaha YZF600R
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheridan
[B
Hey LovemyR6....any places in St Louis that sell Alpinestars Jackets?....I have searched everywhere and cant find a person that stocks them to try on, I would hate to order the wrong size.

Tigerblade, are there a lot of riders in Columbia? Its not really a long trip on the bike, little under an hour. Of course I would embarres myself around experienced riders, but hey I gotta learn somehow.

Thanks for the replys,

Later,
Sheridan [/B]
Sheridan,

Never worry about being embarrased. Just ride at your own pace, and you will learn so much faster. As for the Alpinestars Jacktes, there isn't anywhere in St. Louis that carries them in stock. (beleive me, I have looked) The best advice I can you give is get a tape measure and measure your chest, arm length, and waist areas. Contact New Enough Motorcycle Leathers Based on your measurements, they will give you a guide you toward the proper size. If the jacket does not fit, they will send you a new jacket BEFORE they receive the wrong sized on, and they WON'T charge your credit card for the new jacket. You just have to send it back ASAP. Now, that's customer service!! I purchased my Alpinesars Boots from them, and I ordere the wrong size at first. But the same day, they sent out the new pair WITHOUT charging my card. I was very happy with the product, customer service, and speed in which I recieved the boots. Just visit their website, and they will handle everything from there.
Good Luck, and Ride Safe....

Oh, one more thing. Have you ever been to I-70 speedway outside of Kansas City? If so, do they race bikes out there?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerblade
I hear there are some damn good riders in Columbia.
Now, where did I put my shit kicking boots. Something is starting to smell, and I think it is coming from Columbia, MO. Just Kidding Tigerblade

I have stopped many times in Columbia to refuel, but I have never ventured off to check out the roads. Are there many good roads to ride? Do you guys ever ride out to the Lake of the Ozarks? I drove out there in my car a few weeks ago, and I wished that I had ridden my bike. It is only the beginning of summer, and I am definately going to take a ride out that way.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2002, 11:40 PM

Talking Local riders

Hey man,
Welcome. Sorry it took so long for a reply. I just so happen to be in the local area. I ride with a fairly large group of guys from sedalia, knob noster and warrensburg. I also on occasion ride with guys from the city. We venture to marshall sometimes too. If your interested I could put you on our call/mailing list. what we do is notify everyone of special event rides and we do weekly rides just to go out for grub or something. Let me know....

Jason

"You slingshot out of a corner after being RaGgEd at the apex......With a grin on your face you grab a handfull of throttle and you think to yourself...Life is good!"
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Hey Jason,

Sounds awesome man, I am definatly interested.

My email address is [email protected]

How many people are normally in a ride?....how far do you go? If you want just email me some info on your typical rides, whats the group like..etc. I'm 24 years old by the way. Is anyone you ride with just starting out, or are they pretty experienced?...I would probably be lagging behind Its a way to learn though I guess.

Feel free to email me with some info when you get a chance.

Later
Frank

1997 Yamaha YZF600R
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 02:16 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveMyR6

Now, where did I put my shit kicking boots. Something is starting to smell, and I think it is coming from Columbia, MO. Just Kidding Tigerblade

I have stopped many times in Columbia to refuel, but I have never ventured off to check out the roads. Are there many good roads to ride? Do you guys ever ride out to the Lake of the Ozarks? I drove out there in my car a few weeks ago, and I wished that I had ridden my bike. It is only the beginning of summer, and I am definately going to take a ride out that way.
I didn't say I was one of them.

Seriously, there is a large group of guys from Columbia who ride, but it's not a good idea to hook up with most of them. Fast in a straight line, if you know what I mean.

As for the roads, the best we've found go southeast from here. We really don't head to the lake much.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 08:21 PM

Hey frank,

Sounds like you will fit right in with the group. I'm 23 and the ages in the group vary from 17-30. We have a diverse group of riders here. Most of us are from the military here at the base. We have quite a few guys though from the local area. The rides vary. Some weekends we will ride to lake of the ozarks and cruise the strip... and if we feel froggy check out some of the clubs. We venture to the city for the sat night rides @ noland road. You have to be careful up there, some of those guys can get you hurt. They have a fairly large group of novice riders. We have quite a few poker runs and fun rides. But most of the time we just get together and rip up a few back roads and get something to eat. The groups experience levels vary. There are handfull of us that have been riding for quite sometime; but we are always looking for new guys to join the group. We have some friends that just got new bikes this weekend and are learning the ropes. We try to take our time and not get anyone hurt. Myself and my best friend are prepping for track time, We just got on an ametuer sportbike team. If your looking to get on a track we can keep you posted for track days and race schools. Other than that theres not much more. We just like to ride and love to have new guys in the group.

My email address is [email protected]

I will email you with contact info and when the next ride is.... And for you tigerblade your still welcome to come down for a ride. It seems like whenever we try to get a ride together one of us has a spill. How are you recovering?!?!?! Good I hope.

Jason

"You slingshot out of a corner after being RaGgEd at the apex......With a grin on your face you grab a handfull of throttle and you think to yourself...Life is good!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode