Ohio member looking for Insurance - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to biglipps66
Ohio member looking for Insurance

Guys here is the deal.. I found this site by a google search. I NEED help with insurance.

Ive gotten quotes from 4-8K A YEAR!! OUCH!!

Im 18, live here in Columbus Ohio, my home is back in cleveland (college student)

I was looking into buying the Kaw ZX6R. I CANT find anything even AFFORDABLE for insurance!! Ive tried Progressive, Geico, Allstate, and when i went the the "ASK" dealership to get help, thier insruance guy couldnt help either.

I need to get insurance like 1K a year or so.. I heard about state farm, i HAVE NOT called them yet.. but im going to when i get home from work today, i here that they are the best?

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!

EDIT: I was looking into a BRAND new 2002 Kaw. If that helps with insurance help. Bike would be financed.

2k2 ZX6R. Have 9,500 miles on it now hehe

Last edited by biglipps66; 03-06-2002 at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 09:55 AM

I'm with State Farm for my '00 929 and it's costing me somewhere around $1500/yr I think. They are the _only_ reasonable ones I could find around here. They won't take a bike as your only policy if you're just starting out with them. I had to insure my car with them first.

Oh, I'm located about an hour straight south of Cleveland, so this should apply to your area.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Cool. I see you are a little bit older then i am as well..

But im having State Farm do a write up in a little bit as soon as i get my dads information (SS and birth yada yada).. we are going to put a car on the policy as STORED.

Also is it cheaper to say that my Dad drives the bike as well? Even tho he doesnt.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 10:49 AM

Yeah I'm a little older than you, unfortunately all that means is that I've had more time to get tickets and rack up the points. I'm not married, so the big discount hasn't kicked in yet.
You should be able to save a bit by calling your dad the primary driver, I would just ask the agent about this, their usually pretty cool about things like that as long as you don't make it sound like you are obviously trying to cheat them.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

If the bike is in MY name.. wont that sound fishy making my dad the primary driver? I already told them that i as the primary driver, but i suppose i could change it huh.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Well dont worry about it now hehe... I asked the lady if i could switch the bikes primary to my dad. She is like "Is the bike going to be in your name" i said yes she said well no.

Wierd oh well. I dont want him to have part in it anyways.

Im saving his ass money on storing the Lumina i had to put on this policy to get a bike on it anyways.. so he cant complain.

I just hope all goes well and that coverage can be written in writing. I cant make this policy for the bike be in effect until i get it... but i can put the car on the policy rite now. We shall see how it all goes

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 08:03 AM
Hall Monitor

I went through the whole insurance hassle right before I got my current bike. My agent found a great policy through Acuity Insurance. Here is the link to find an agent in your area. http://www.acuityfin.com/website03.n...s/locagent.htm

Hope this helps.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Thanx i will look into that as well!

UPDATE:

Information is sent. The lady is sending it to the underwriter for final approval. If all is well, i will get the bike.

Im waiting at least one month and i will have it. I need to get my income tax return, 2 more paychecks (BIG OT hours on em!!) and thats it.

I will keep you all posted.

I will be looking for some people to ride with in the Col area as well. Ive seen the posts and threads there tho, so i wont miss out if i get a bike dont worry hehe.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Hall Monitor

Once you get the bike, you might want to check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/corecentralohio/ , if you're looking for people to ride with.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanx for all of your help. My quote has made it to the underwriter at state farm.. so i will know in 1 week, and thats when you will all know wether or not im buying a bike

Talk to you guys soon, in the mean time im going to search the forums here and find out everything i need to know.

Is there anything else i should know about the basics? Like what i should get from day one? Like one of the center kick stands ive been reading about and stuff. anything else a "beginner" should have let me know

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode