Fall Slimey Crud Run. October 7 in Leland, WI - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Fall Slimey Crud Run. October 7 in Leland, WI

Fall Slimey Crud Run in Leland, WI (just nw of Madison,WI) is October 7, 2001. This is NOT an organized ride. Ride at own risk. Everyone is meeting at Leland, WI. There are two places people are meeting up before heading to Leland. Kitts Corner in Pine Bluff (7 miles south of Madison on Mineral Point Rd) and Rileys Tavern in Riley, WI (Take Mineral Point rd south of Madison and take a left on CTY J. Cant miss the bar). Word of warning, quite a few show off show up for this and are not exactly what I would call good riders. Every time I've rode in this, I've seen or came upon an accident. But there is alot of cool bikes that show up (A 1935-40 BMW sidecar that was used by the Nazis in Africa complete with machine guns) and a bunch of street 500cc GP bikes and a MV F4 showed up in the spring one.

No longer here cause Basil's a tool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Amber its no longer an organized ride. Everyone leaves Kitts Korner (bar in pine bluff) at different times. I'm pretty sure everyone is meeting in Leland (at Spriekers. sp?) around 11-12 and thats where it ends. just a meeting place that everyone gets together at.

When Peter Egan used to run it, it was a group ride but a lot of the kids that showed up kept trying to make a race out of it. Spooked too many touring riders and cruisers and really got on the nerve of the police in the area. So its no longer an organized ride from one place to another. And there usually is a crash or two or three or four, everytime I've been on it. Its ashame how some people ruin an decent event for everyone.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

If some of my friends are going, I'm going. We stick to our selves most of the time and usually tell anyone thats being a squid to bugger off if they join our little group. Theres a few different ways people ride to Leland so it spreads everyone out, but you still get teh complete idiot every so often.

I got pics on my web site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode