Sportbike World banner

Wasuuuuup!!!!

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  futureSBowner 
#1 ·
Hey everybody,
I'm not a current sport bike owner but going to purchase one this spring. I joined the forum hoping to get any and all knowledge I can of all of the models of sport bikes. (which ones are better, quicker, easier to maintain, etc.) I'm leaning towards a Suzuki GSX-R600. I'm going with the 600 because its my first sport bike(prefer not to push myself to far). I have 9 years experience on a motorcycle just not a sport bike. I have always ridden a cruiser. Any advice, opinions are welcomed. Will search the site for what I can then ask if i'm not able to find it. Thankx in advance guyz!

#2 ·
:hello: Welcome to SBW!

The new bike is a very often discussed topic around here. Personally I would recommend the 600RR. While it is slower than the competition, it offers a great ammount of stability, and is much more forgiving to riders mistakes. Thus in the hands of most riders, it will be faster.

#3 ·
Yea its a toss up between those two. (gsx-r600 & 600cbr) I have been searching the site and have found the same thing you said. I really like the looks of the suzuki tho. I have plenty of time to make up mind . Thanx for the info.

#4 ·
Welcome aboard...

HONDA RULES :twofinger

Both are good choices seriously... There seems to be an abundance of spare parts for both just about everywhere ya look :p

E.
sorry I didn't help in swayin ya one way or another :twofinger

#5 ·
I own a Honda now so I know that there reliability is pretty good.
I will probably end up getting the gixxer. Since there isnt much of a price difference im going to get the one I like most and not the cheaper priced one. :2cents:

#6 ·
well I can tell you what sways me.... the comfort of the seating position... and for me that's the honda's ... tried the Gixxer 750 for the track and hated it... ( mechanical problems aside - it was a used lemon) but the seating was more aggressive than I cared for... so when I was lucky enough to force the seller to take it back and give me my money back I went back to my good ol' trusty Honda Name and found the F4i to be very suitable for a trackbike leavin my 929 for my everyday and dragracin fun :thumb:

E.
Any pics of your existing Honda?

#7 ·
Good point. I havent went and set on anything yet for fear of just going out of my mind and buying it now. Big no-no. Anyway, I have ridden my friends , I believe it was around a '93 model 600 f2i. I wasnt used to that kind bike of but by the nights end my a$$ was numb as hell. I'm sure the seating comfort has been upgraded since then. Sad thing is, I dont have ANY friends that own sport bikes. Until now all of my friends ride cruisers. So i can't ride theirs to get a feel and the stingy a$$ dealers around here don't allow test rides on new bikes.

#8 ·
OH MY they wouldn't feel anything like the bikes now.. ofcourse any stock seat is gonna be hard as a rock and you'll want to change it out if you plan to do any long riding at all.. I like Corbin.. others may have another brand of choice... I wouldn't pay so much attention to the seat as I would the entire body position... you dont' wanna feel uncomfortable just cuz you think one is prettier than the other ;) also keep in mind there is a huge different in positioning between the F4i and the 600RR...

had a freind that had bought a GSXR600rr and he's 6'1 or so and said the bike sucked riding anywhere but on the track and ended up getting rid of it half way into the season toget something more comfortable for him... so if you're bigger fella that bike may not be the one for you... he sat on the F4i and said it was way more comfortable cuz it was not such an aggressive seating position making it so he didn't feel scrunched....

Even if you aren't ready to buy now you should go and sit on them anyways.. be sure to take someone with you to help pull you out immediatly :p

E.

edit to add... DITTO on what Scott said about bananna seats...

#9 ·
The only comfy Honda seats I've seen were the models with the "banana" seats. My wife's F4 and my XX both had them, and I could ride for hours on them with no seat problems. The new F4i's have that style seat too, but I haven't sat on one yet. The single seaters are the ones that feel like rocks IMO.

#11 ·
futureSBowner said:
Well I can't take my wife cuz she is hell bent on me not getting one. I have no idea why either. Women.....................................
ahem.... women?.... no darlin just your woman :twofinger

well there ya go.. best person to take you so you don't buy one right now therefor forcin you to wait till next year when you go without her.... :p

E.

#12 ·
Funny, one of the big turn offs on gixxers for me is the relaxed body position. Seat is too low, bars are too close. It doesnt feel anywhere as "determined" as the kawis.

I will agree with you, the 600RR is one of the plainest looking bikes out there. I just looks like a default sportbike, like the forgot to name it or something...

Of course all you ever going to see it half the tank and some gages...

#14 ·
futureSBowner said:
Sorry dreamryder I wasn't paying attention to who I was talking too.
that's alright sweetie... I was just messin with ya... we do that alot on here btw ;)

I'm just one of the guys anywho.. so no worries...

E.

#16 ·
you've chosen two very good bikes. i have an '04 750 which is the same size as the 600 but with a larger engine. my cousin has an '04 600rr. i ride both and find the gsxr seat a little more comfortable. i'm only 5'6" and find that i am more comfortable on the honda because of the shorter wheel base. the seat can be changed for comfort so it's not a problem. but i do notice i'm a little stretched out on my gsxr because the wheel base is a little bit longer. as for durablity and comfort, they're both great. especially now that the '06 gsxr comes with the pro link swing arm like on the 600rr.

#18 ·
She rides with me sometimes. But she won't go on a long trips. I ride around 250 miles Saturday and she didn't go. But she likes to mainly just cruise around town. While I was out I seen 600 gixxer and took some time too look at it and talk the guy into letting me sit on it. I noticed a little difference in the two but like the looks of the gixxer alot more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.