Sportbike World banner

how much is your insurance?

3K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  Vash 
#1 ·
Not sure if there was a thread like this before, but what the hell.

I'm interested in how much your insurance costs, so, if you don't mind, tell us what bike you have, how old you are, what insurance company you have, what kind of coverage, how much you pay, and any other relevant details (excellent driving history, terrible driving history, etc.). Thanks.

#2 ·
#8 ·
$668 a year for full coverage from GEICO...

'02 Honda 919

34 years old (riding motorcycles since I was 7)
1 speeding ticket 4 years ago while driving the cage...
MSF course of course of course

Shop around, I'm always on the lookout for my next insurance company... When I took out the poilcy on the current bike it the premiums ranged from $668-over $1600 !!

#9 ·
I don't have insurance, but I've been shopping for one and the price range that I'm finding in FL for a year coverage is:

Geigo $2,065.00
Progressive $1,602.68
and another one from the net was for $1,764.00

28 yrs old, 7 point on my record.

Does anyone knows of a cheaper company?:crying:

#10 ·
22, speeding ticket when I was 17. Other than that no violations. Been riding streetbikes since I was 20. Paid 256 dollars a year for a brand new R6 (my first bike that I insured) I looked online for full coverage and it was somewhere around 1800. They can kiss my ENTIRE ass! :finger:

#13 ·
Ok here it goes. Everyone with high rates here what Ive been quoted living in LA,CA

Currently I pay
1,200 Yr full coverage
$500 deductable
1 tkt
2006 Buell XB12R
Farmers.

Progressice wanted...
$4,000 yr (same policy)

USAA wanted:
drum roll...........

12,000 HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Thats more than my financing on the bike!
Someone was hittin the duby that day.:finger:

#16 ·
26, have had 2 speeding tickets and one speed contest (street racing) with my turbo eclipse :D i have USAA for my AWD talon and Focus, but got Geico for the motorcycle, is a little over 400 a year, only because i didn;t have my MD license number from 3 years ago to give them would have been about 360 a yr...so i dropped 79$ for the first payment and the rest are like 45 a month, thats with the minumum for PA.

#22 ·
24 years old
2005 zx6r
1 ticket in past 3 years (they only care about those years)
$1300 a year for full coverage w/$500 deductable
Geico wanted $4000
Progressive wanted $2500
Wish i already had a previous policy with statefarm. Will be switching my truck to them and then the bike later when eligable.

#23 ·
$180/mo combined for my '03 600f4i & for my hubby's '04 600RR, full coverage w/ progressive. $500 deductable. No points or accidents. Thought that was a lot at first... but after some jacka$$ managed to unsucessfully steal his bike, instead rolled it down 1 floor of a parking garage, cracked the windscreen, pried around in the ignition w/ a screwdriver for a while, scratched
the top of the tripple-tree & the gas cap w/ the screwdriver, slid one side of the bike against either a car or a wall, then dropped her on the other side... Progressive considered it "vandalism". Covered the little over $3000 to fix all the cosmetic damage, and our insurance went down by $10 a yr. :) :) not too bad.

#24 · (Edited)
ontario sucks

22 years old, clean driving record, i was quoted 1300 a year for a EX250.... that's one way with only liability, no theft or damage coverage. I agree Ontario is insane with these insurance premiums. Between the outrageous gas prices and insanely high insruance premiums it seems driving/riding has become a very expensive privledge here in ontario.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.