Sportbike World banner

how different

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Ice 
#1 ·
How different will an ex250 be from a zx6r 05? Aside the ridding postion(I tried it and didn't like it, but I figured I would get used to it. Plus I'm thinking it will come into it's own on tight twistie roads.)

Opinions, comments, anything would be welcomed.

BTW I have 6,200 miles and about 8 months of riding on my 250, and soon as I'm able, no later by the end of this year I'm thinking about getting a zx6r.

#2 ·
Whatever you do GET THE 636. The bike is unreal. This is now my fourth bike and when I first got it I thought I wasn't going to be able to ride it. The 636 is far superior to the 250r. Really there is no comparison. The 636 has the suspension, power, brakes, looks, chassis, and everything else you could ever want. You will not be disappointed. Coming off of the 250r to the 636 is another world, just take it easy at first and then thrash it. You'll be grinning ear to ear.

#3 ·
About as different as a single prop cessna is to a F18...

The riding position will hurt you at first, it takes abit of time to train your body to sit on it right. Naturally you will try to utilize all the wrong muscles and will get lots of numbness, soreness, and cramps. But after a few weeks of making sure that you support yourself properly it will become second nature...
Still, I wouldnt be planning any cross country trips...

#6 ·
I find it quite comfy. I've done many 4-5 hr days on it. I wouldn't say I felt nice at the end of the day, but that is just a minor sacrifice we sportbike riders make. You must sacrifice comfort for performance. Well worth it.

Your gonna love the 636 my man.

P.S. How do you guys get those member quotes to appear in the black/highlight box?

#7 ·
Ice said:

P.S. How do you guys get those member quotes to appear in the black/highlight box?
Ya mean this? Look underneath the post you want to quote (Before hitting the reply button, you will see a quote button, it will take you to the reply screen with all the html tags already in place.

Cookie: 4-5 hours at a time is about right. On my z1k, it was more like 8-10hrs before my body screamed out in pain...

#9 ·
Ice said:
That's it. Thanks.
FTR, you don't have to quote someone's entire post. It's a real pita when people quote a really long post just to touch on a small part of it.

When writing your post, delete the sections of the quoted post you don't want. Use the term "snip" or "..." to signify that you've quoted only part of the post. eg:

Ice said:
Snip - Thanks.
Ice said:
...Thanks.

Have a nice day! :D

#11 ·
Since we are in all this you can also use {quote} enter your text here {/quote} only replace the {} with []

For example
Enter some article here
Of course that just gives it the black border, not the bold face {B}{/B} or the italicized "Originally by"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.