Sportbike World banner

New Rider Buys Busa

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Vash 
#1 ·
yes the title explains it all. Some twak out by where i live couldn’t get financed for a Harley. So what does he do.....he goes and buys a brand new Hyabusa. he says he’s rode motorcycles before so there’s nothing wrong with that right. Well one day when I was about to go out for a ride. I saw him and his girl friend about to leave. he has a t-shirt on and she has next to nothing. now I usually don’t judge people on appearances cause its usually farthest from the truth, but there was no doubting this guy was a dumbass. hoping to be proven wrong I ask them where they are headed. alright I think maybe they are just gonna ride around town (small town about 3 city blocks). nope they are gonna hop on I-35 for about a 30 mile trip to the next town. (I-35 one of two of the biggest an heavily used interstates in America). wow I thought he’s a genius, its only a matter of time. Even I felt naked with only a helmet and jacket. (my gloves has been stolen by ankle biting bastards, literally they don’t know who their father is.) I wished them good luck and thought nothing of it. This was about two months ago. Now just yesterday I heard of his fate. He was "trying" to negotiate a curve with another female passenger. all he had was gloves :squid: (SQUID!) and his poor GF had only his jacket on. well they both went down at about 70-80. somehow they both lived. He skidded she rolled dude to the jacket. well the guy was in the burn unit at the hospital for two weeks as well as several broken bones including his face. She now has to have facial reconstructive surgery. This horrified me but the people told me this it was probably for the best considering what she looked like before..they said it with a strait face (man she REALLY must’ve been that ugly, ouch :( ) well sure enough he’s going to get a new bike, preferably over 1000cc's.
I always laughed when someone thought of someone buying a new literbike with limited experience. Never hit home till now. Frankly almost any other rider I would’ve felt sorry for but not only was this guy a total squid he put the life of his passenger in jeopardy and was drinking at the time. now he wants to get a new bike and has no intention of getting gear or making his passengers wear any. Guy deserved worse if he learned nothing from this experience.
Well everyone that constantly jokes about a new guy buying a busa as his first bike here’s your sad but true story. And if u think u have a squid story that can top this please let me know, I still haven’t heard one to date.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like they weren't wearing helmets either?

There goes another "I know this guy who crashed his bike and was hurt real bad" story floating around about someone who really did bring it on himself.

Plus mixing alcohol!

I'm not sure it's the bike being too big in this case either...couldn't help though.

#4 ·
Hey guys, im 20 living in GA, just purchased a brand new 2005 suzuki gsxr600. i dont understand why people tell me not to get a 600 for a first bike... i didnt have a problem with it

Sound familiar, i love the part about, I JUST BOUGHT, then says,I DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.

Cause we all know that he is a pro, now that he has 20 miles under his belt.

#7 ·
slick I do question your sense of humor, but I have to admit you are so right.

I cannot fathom the thinking of some people when it comes to the matter of m/cs ESPECIALLY as they know basically beans all about them or how to ride safety.

Oh yes toss in feeling good due to the liquor guzzling.

#8 ·
Some people may be quicker learners slick, but nothing rates as high as On The Road Experience when it comes to the school of Sportbikes. Something like, it's Early Fall in your area, and you are headed out for an early morning ride. What is the first thing you think of when you are on the road? Most new riders say something like fuel, gear, tire temp, etc. Book knowledge. Now ask an Experienced rider that same question, and he'll probably tell you that with the leaves falling off the trees, and with the early time of day what with the dew, their will probably be wet leaves in the road. Hence, slow down in all turns on back roads. Book knowledge? No. You have to learn things like that from riding. And that is just ONE of MANY things that are learned on the road.

#9 · (Edited)
slick1537 said:
You guys need to stop bashing him. It is rude. Some people are quicker learners than others.
Being able to ride a bike under normal circumstances is different to being able to handle it when things go pear-shaped.

Being overly-vocal about one's ability, when in reality you have f*ck-all experience, is no different to Wheelie's "mate" who brags about his "300+hp TL1000". Sh*t, I once drove my uncle's truck down his driveway. Guess I must be ready for a long-haul trip, hey???

I can't help being a sarcastic bastard, it's in my nature. Sue me. :twofinger

Edit: Wheelie, not Vash

#10 ·
I rode a 50cc and 150cc about 7 years ago for 2 years. February 2005 I bought myself a 400cc(first time I climbed on a bike in 7 years) rode that till June, then I got a great deal on a TL1000S and bought it.

I will say I don't have much experience, but when I drive I don't exceed my limits. I am the only one that can be held responsable for what I do on the bike. So my point is, if you are responable enough you should'nt have any probs(don't mix alcohol and bikes, wear gear, etc.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.