Going down ! - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: When was the last time you went down ?
Poll Options
When was the last time you went down ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:34 AM

When i strictly raced motocross I always went by the saying " you dont know how fast you can go until you crash". well i guess i havent gone as fast as i can on the street yet, i have been pretty lucky. I did however, get three concussions in one month my senior year of highschool trying to get the suspension on a ktm straightened out. damn euro bikes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 05:23 AM

Cool Bad luck to talk about going down.

It's bad luck to talk about going down, but here goes. My last time was about (2) two years ago (so i'm over do). Damn woman in a car made a right turn out of a side street and kept going in front of me, and I hipchecked her car. I am a Motorcycle Mechanic /Service manager so i test ride bikes almost everyday
I have been ridding for 30 years now so I have streched it out to about every (2) two years.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 12:01 PM

Well I have never went down before. but I just started riding last may, so its still in my future

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 03:42 PM

Angry DAMN IT!!!!

Went down TODAY!!!!!!!!

Got stuck EARLY ( 0400 hrs ) this morning riding home from a friends house and it was a monsoon out there..... We've had this bad weather system down here in So. Fl all week and I've been lucky so far... Well I'm out in it, got the rain gear on and there's not much traffic so I'm crusing at about 45mph (speed limit 55) and all the sudden some MORON comes off a side street, blowing the stop sign, and damn near hit's me!!! He was soooo close I could smell the beer on his breath!!! I swerved to get out of his way and lost the rear end..... I managed to keep some control and get into the swale and lay it down in the tall grass......

No damage to the bike except for grass all in the faring and mirror adjustment....

I twisted my leg and back... Rain gear didn't survive but had reg. gear underneath...

I'll Sleep when I'm Dead....

Spread the love. Literally.

My hoes are motivated and my teeth are gold plated

Friends help you move...
Real friends help you move bodies!

“Next time I want to borrow your balls, I’LL ASK!!!!”
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 06:38 AM

Gottico,
Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad you're alive to talk about it!

I also want to commend you for wearing all of your gear under your rainsuit...a lot of people don't do it, thank God you did!

Did you get the guy's license plate?
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 12:00 PM

Talking Thanx

Thanx
I must admit, I didn't usually wear my gear under the rain suit but that morning I didn’t have a choice. Now I ALWAYS do after seeing what happened to that one!

I didn't get the guys plate that morning but I went back that evening and waited to see if I could spot the truck. It's a rural road with few houses on it so I figured I’d get lucky.... I did and found out why I lost the rear end... cause I hit the rear quarter of the truck and left a nice round tire mark that would rival those in NASCAR. I got the plate then and called FiveO but they didn’t feel there was enough proof that he caused the accident but, they did charge him with leaving the scene of a accident since the mark was quite fresh and he was already on probation for a previous DUI so I got my bills (hospital, bike check out, & new rain suit) taken care of by his insurance co and he got his probation revoked... So it all ends good...

Hey check out Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec Cheats for your code needs... It's got some thing at the bottom for $$$

I'll Sleep when I'm Dead....

Spread the love. Literally.

My hoes are motivated and my teeth are gold plated

Friends help you move...
Real friends help you move bodies!

“Next time I want to borrow your balls, I’LL ASK!!!!”
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 04:54 PM

2001 i lived in Minneapolis, it was bright nice day i just got a second job and was on my way ther on my honda cb400t when i was going around the exit ramp from 94 to hwy 35 i was taking the corner real nice then i hit a patch of sand it stood me up straight then i proceeded to go across the median and cross three lanes of hwy traffic (luckily for me there where no cars on the road at the time) and slammed right into the concrete barrier that divides the hwys just before i hit i locked up the brakes and dove of the bike and rolled and slid about twenty feet being that at that time i was a squid i had jeans on a t-shirt but also my helmetsome road rash but nothin major, the headlight on the bike disinagrated noone could find any glass well thats the jist of it now i ride with icon jeans a leather coat and gloves, and if i am going to do on a ride more than cruising the local strip for women a helmet.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 12:45 AM

Luckily, I never went down once in the 5 years I owned the Ninja. I've had many close calls, though!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:19 PM

Going down

I have crashed three in 9 years. The first, I was cut off by a car and low sided it to avoid a guard rail (to diffacult to explan here) the next was my fault, standing on the rear pegs rideing weelies and over gassed it. That one trashed a Gixxer1k with only 2100 miles on it. Decided to go back to 6s that Ive always loved and wouldn't you know it the second year with the R6 the replaced the Gixxer I was rideing a secondary road about 30mph and comeing out of a very tight turn drove into some gravel, droped the bike. Bent the forks, trashed the front cowling-headlights, scared up the right side fairing. Put it back together myself, sold it and have managed to keep the R6 up so far. Seemed like a five year period there I just wasn't meant to ride, though the Gixxer was purly my Squidpitity.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by funksouljon
"When was the last time you went down ?"

You mean while riding a motorcycle?
Oh no, I don't like Harleys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode