What kind of rider are you ? - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Whats your riding style ?
Poll Options
Whats your riding style ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 06:19 PM

I ride to work every workday, winter time and all, unless it snows or rain. Don't snow here much, don't rain here much either. Just need good winter riding gloves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 05:03 AM

Everyday rider..... although I enjoy the occassional track day.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 06:36 AM

Cool stuntking

i like to ride for fun but for the last 2years i have been more into the stunt scene than anything else. but i still cruise every now and again, but the main thing to remember is to be safe and ride smart.

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 02:39 AM

Question

Ok. Newbie here. WTF is a squid? FFS, (for FUC*'s sake), I'm the only one in this thread that doesn't know that?

Old timer: had a VFR 700 but haven't ridden a bike in five years
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 08:09 PM

What`s a squid?
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 08:24 AM

Well, I guess I had just gotten back into the motorcycle scene when I asked what a squid was.

A squid is usually a teenager who does things like wear flip flops, shorts, and no helmet when he rides, he does wheelies, endos, etc.... The whole point of a bike is not to ride it, but to do tricks on it to impress people.

I could go on forever, but I have to work. Suffice it to say, his favorite movie is Biker Boyz.

Old timer: had a VFR 700 but haven't ridden a bike in five years
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 12:25 AM

I've been riding for a while and I have been all of them at one time or another. I'm now just an old fart who likes to ride evreyday.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by V-EngineMan
Well, I guess I had just gotten back into the motorcycle scene when I asked what a squid was.

A squid is usually a teenager who does things like wear flip flops, shorts, and no helmet when he rides, he does wheelies, endos, etc.... The whole point of a bike is not to ride it, but to do tricks on it to impress people.

I could go on forever, but I have to work. Suffice it to say, his favorite movie is Biker Boyz.
Mostly a squid is just a stupid, stupid rider. This is the person who, on their first group ride, feels that he/she can keep up with the top riders when they go through twisties at a swift pace. On the first corner, they realize that they have gone in too hot and with no riding knowledge. Their hot new R6 has just been reduced to an insurance claim.

Good example: 'that' guy at the bar. Don't be the guy who rolls into a dance club with a mullet, sunglasses, and the notion that he can score with any female in the place, models preferably. The worst I saw was a middle-aged guy in a trenchcoat, sunglasses, serious mullet, combat boots, and attitude. He tried doing dance offs with anyone who came within his space and he ended up trying some bizarre move that landed him first into a railing and subsequently onto the floor......much laughter all around the dance floor.
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 05:13 AM

Everyday rider here.........obviously, except for winter.

Stephen
1999 GSXR 750 Red/Black
1999 Camaro Red/Black
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 PM

I ride every day the only thing i own is my bike had a car but dont like it,some people say bikes are death on wheels.FUCKTHEM. i love my bike,i used to have 2 bikes my old 600ninja i used when i felt squidly and my baby my new R1 is my day2day ride so gotta keep it clean, and the story on the 600 well its long and drawn out in words but ill have pics of it soon.

well keep it safe and stay alive yall just remember to
SLAPAHO!!! (Save,Lives,And,Put, A, Helmet,On)

LATER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode