Let the flaming begin!!! - Page 8 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Would you run from the police ?
Poll Options
Would you run from the police ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
Other than that, I hate piggies........I've had a lot of bad experiences with them and have no patience with someone dumber than myself trying to outwit me and guilt me into a confession with their ignorance.

In short, hell yeah I'd run.
Man wheelie......come to Kentucky and we'll have a brewski and a Thursday night ride. Bet we aren't all bad! Peace out brotha'man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 08:10 AM

Thumbs down

It's pretty silly in most cases to run as the odds are against you. Eventually it will cost more in the long run as opposed to just eating the ticket.

"The Only Fate Worse Than Death Itself Is To Live A Life Of Mediocrity"
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:11 PM

where i live at for college the state trooper station is less then 15 minutes away and when getting on the interstate to go home i look towards the station just to make sure the SportBike Killa' is parked...if its parked im good to go....if its not there then i lay low.

THE SPORT BIKE KILLA' [IMG]

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:19 PM

I've ran once. It was stupid but the odds were highly in my favor that I would get away. It was just plain stupid. I very seriously doubt I will again. Life is different for me now.
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 06:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja250F18
I have no need to run. Being in the 'EMS field and a firefighter, I know all the sheriff's, staties, and city cops in ashland co. Ohio. I have blown past a sheriff friend of mine at 85 MPH and he never turned around. I cought up with him later and he asked me how fast was I going and I ask what did you clock me at he said 85. I told him my speedometer is accurite then. The only thing he told me was to try to slow down a little bit. It's good having all my friends being cops, firefighters, and EMS personal. It has come in handy many times. But even if I wasn't friends with all the cops i would never run if they started to try to pull me over, that is just plain crazy.

Burn rubber not your soul, Ruff Riders for life.
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:29 PM

Radio waves travel close to the speed of light!

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 02:46 PM

I figure if "The Man's" good enough to spot me doing something wrong, then I've already lost, so I pull over.

I hate people who go nuts when they get caught speeding or whatever.

Man, if you get caught, it's your own fault. Live with it.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 10:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine2651
Coming home from Richmond last summer I got caught up in accident traffic on I-95. By the time I got to the scene (almost 2 hours) the twig and giggleberries were pretty much steamed from the 220 degree engine temps wafting up my legs. Needless to say when I passed the wreckage and the rubberneckers had satisfied their morbid curiosity and started to thin out it was hammer time. Passed a stationary VA trooper in excess of 120mph and he didn't even look up from his paperwork. I can honestly say that had the lights come on I would have shut her down and taken my medicine. Would have been a good on too, seeing as how I didn't have a m/c license at the time and I was out of state to boot.

Try everything twice, you may have been to nervous or scared to have enjoyed it the first time.
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to tjsr6
Running from Police

Tricky question. I am no squid, though some my disagree. When rideing in traffic (town, crowded streets, etc.) I go with the flow and never indanger or anger fellow motorist. However, lets be honest we did not buy sportbikes to allways ride 70mph or less. I pick a good road speed up for twisties, if I'm in the mood to do so I weelie on open straights and yes, I have been known to run from police if I feel that I won't need to kill myself or anyone else to get away. I have had a few tickets because I decided I was not in a good position to run. I will not set myself up for a long run. It's just to risky. Most cops will appreciate the fact that you stoped if they see that you justpulled a short weelie for fun or got a little fast in some twisties. If you are doing standups past 12 cars at 140, you need the ticket to make you realize you share the road not the rush with the family you just scared the crap out of. Enjoy the ride and choose your risk carefully. Ok, who wants to judge me as SQUID?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode