Let the flaming begin!!! - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Would you run from the police ?
Poll Options
Would you run from the police ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 07:27 PM

i dont really know what to say hear, Im sure most of you have read,funny story in the daily rider section. but usually I wouldnt run unless I was clocked over a hundred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 09:28 AM

Id prolly run if i was in the middle of nowhere and got clocked goin really fast.

But me and my friend used to get into chases all the time on our dirtbikes and we would just rip across a field. It was a fairly small town so u didn't have to worry about getting out of town quickly. I only got caught once cause this idiot that i was driving with was afraid the cop would shoot him. But i didn't even get in trouble.
post #53 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by qbclub13
Here is a good one for you I was pulled over doing 65 in a 40 I stopped because there were to many cars coming up and it was a 2 lane road.Well the cop tells me the story of a guy on a gsxr 750 that smacked a pole runnig and killed his self his speeding ticket would have been 58 in a 45.That is around 70 bucks here in TN,He dropped my ticket to 49 in a 40 and I was on my way.He treated me with alot of respect and very kind.

I went in to pay the ticket and some of the cops were laughing at me for pulling over.That seemed to me like I was a pus for pulling over.

I will never run from a ticket for speeding it is not worth what could happen!
<------That's a damn good response...smart person...I don't think i'd run, on a sportbike things can get out of hand way to quickly..

anyone ever see that cops episode where the dude ran from the cops on a highway and pulled up onto an onramp and smacked into bus?? that's the shit i'd worry about..

post #54 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 09:07 AM

Heheh. That guy was insane tho. He was goin like 100mph between cars at a stop light! Any way I wouldn't run if i was in a city. Unless it was night time, then maybe...
post #55 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tech32
[QUOTE}Well, I was going about 90 in a 55 and the lights came on. I had no license (expired), no insurance, no inspection, and no registration. HHHMMMMM, he was straight across from an exit ramp....hhhhmmmmm
well don't you think you shouldn't have been riding in the 1st place?
post #56 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 02:18 AM

Question

No...no way...not a chance...
There's nobody in this world who can say without a doubt that if they do something illegal, no one else will be hurt. No roads I ever saw were designed for high speed evasion. Too many t-intersections, driveways, unpredictable pedestrians, loose dogs, lost mufflers...the list is endless.
I can't think of any reason, short of just having robbed a bank, for trying to elude the MAN.
Of course, if it's a matter of maybe losing that last point on your licence, well, maybe you'd be better off walking for a while anyway.
I've washed too much blood off public roads to think that more speed is the answer to anything.
post #57 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 05:57 AM

Well it wouldnt be the first time i ran......

Well if you pass a cop that is stopped and you are doign 120+ just play it smart and the cop aint goina get ya... i.e. slow down and hide
post #58 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 06:04 AM

actually let me clearify, i didnt run i evaded and eluded..... quick right here left there , right left, left , right.....

Only done when they are stoped and they come out after me, i might turn into a subdivision i know and make some quick truns and park it next to someones house. But i never do more that about 35 when i do that
post #59 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 08:46 AM

i wouldn't run...i'd stay on my bike and ride really fast. my bike goes faster than my feet

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #60 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 12:26 PM

[looks at Cooter and Monkey. slowly takes a step backwards. Then turns and runs like hell]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode