Let the flaming begin!!! - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Would you run from the police ?
Poll Options
Would you run from the police ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 12:14 PM
HUS

Send a message via AIM to HUS Send a message via Yahoo to HUS
Talking Running...

Well let's see....I've ran several times and I've stopped several times. Before I moved to Jackson, MS Ilived in an area that the cops had nothing better to do than hand out tickets like I hand out money to my creditors. There were about 30 of us with sportbikes in the summer of 99 and the local police department had made it known that they were out to get us bike riders. They even went as far as to put a quota on how many bikes in month they had to give tickets to...I don't know if it was a real quota or just a scare tactic. Anyway, when we all heard that, do you think any of us were going to stop for a cop for any reason?

I had a buddy who did pull over because he was sitting at a redlight and the cop was behind him...when the light turned green the cop hit his lights and pulled him over. Check this out: the cop wrote him a ticket for crossing the solid white line that you pull up to at the red light!! The ticket was written up for "Failure to Obey Traffic Signs"!! What the heck?

Anyway, I think I ran about 8 times that summer. I always seemed to manage to find a low residential backroad with alot of twisties to make my escape. I did acquire 2 tickets that summer though....one got thrown out because the stupid cop gave me a ticket for doing 45 in 25mph School Zone>>>remember it was Summer Time and the normal speed limit is 45. The other was for doing 72 in a 50>>>I had to stop because my wife was on the back and I'm not gonna run with her on the back.
PEACE!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton

Last edited by HUS; 04-25-2001 at 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 01:59 PM

They only have one helicopter for persuit in New Zealand, and it's not used in my city.

You don't want to know how I know that. I will say, however, that there's only one time the filth have got me on the bike - and that's when I didn't know they were after me. I got roadblocked; apparently the officer had been after me for some time. Imagine my surprise cresting a hill and seeing the flashing lights.

As an incentive, you'll all love to know that they're limited to 160km/h (about 100mph) over here when in persuit; there's no way the pork rinds will be able to catch a man in even a turbo Starlet unless they hunt in packs and use roadblocks. There's talk of lowering it, because they keep writing off their patrol cars. And the poor mounties get some crap bike that looks like a Goldwing; I'm not saying 'Wings are bad, but it wouldn't be my preferred bike for a persuit nasty.

2001 Honda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(F4i)
1993 Toyota
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 01:17 PM

I've run once and got away in the pan handle of Florida back in 1982....It's not worth dying over, I'd rather pull over and take my ticket and shot at court. Sorry if I sound like a wuss, but I've seen the results of pursuits, cages and bikes, it ain't pretty. Of course I could be biased too, I am a LEO. I save the crazy sh!t for the track. We have a nice one at VIR.

If you do run, please take care not to hurt yourself or someone else. We all make our own decisions and live with the results.

Ride Safe!

post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 01:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 4therush
One Time!

I did run once and got away clean, But that was at night with a clean shot to where I needed to go. But now I have a kid on the way . I wont risk making her grow up without a daddy at any price or jail time . I still do things that I should'nt , But I try to think more before I act.
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 04:45 AM

I try to keep telling myself don't run cuz I'm pretty sure otherwise I'm gonna make a bad judgement call someday and try and run on one I shouldn't. Just gotta keep sayin to myself running isn't for me.
About a year ago though I was driving down in my car on the Taconic Parkway outside New York City when some bike, I don't even know what it was it went by so fast and I hadn't been paying attention, flew by. Before I could even say Hey, that guy musta be goin at least one hu---WHAM! A camaro police car weaves between me and the car to my right missing my front fender by maybe 2 inches tops. Anyway, as I'm watchin em dissapear down the road I realized that the camaro was holding pretty steady on his ass. I don't know whatever happened to that guy, but a couple miles up the road I had to stop in the middle of the highway cuz another statey in a regular cruiser was stopped in the center lane standing on the road literally screaming at the dude's buddy who had just rode up behind him on a Seca. Thankfully I can say thats as close as I've ever gotten to bein chased.
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 07:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
I've run a couple times in the past. I don't anymore, not even a thought.

My last ticket was for speeding (pulling a trailer and racebike to the track). I saw the cop going the other way, and watched him pass. He didn't turn around (as far as I could see) so I kept on going *stupid*.

Turns out, he turned around about 2 miles down and headed after me. The speed limit for cars with trailers is 55mph. I was going 85-90mph (according to the speedo, mine is off my ~5mph at those speeds). That's WAY over the speed limit, but he wrote me up for doing 75mph in a 55mph zone.

As much as we DON'T LIKE COPS being around, a lot of times, they are nice enough to *DO YOU A FAVOR" and write your ticket down, and save you some bills. If you play, be ready to pay.
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 05:04 PM

what a thrill................

if im far enough away from home, yes i will, mainly cause i live in the middle of nowhere...i few weeks ago i took a trip through death valley, i was on my way home, took hiway 95 in nevada leaving beatty heading toward goldfield..i passed some slow (85mph) traffic, by the time i shifted back into 6th i was doing 130mph..and a nevada hiway patrol flew by the other way..i looked back to see brake lights and tire smoke(this is a very long straight away), i could see my 90 degree left turn about 4 miles ahead, i stayed in it...made the turn..my butt was so tight you couldnt slip a tooth pick up it..anyway its another 6 mile straight away going slightly up hill..at the top i stopped and looked back...no one behind me.......and the road ahead was very lonely so i didnt worry about one of his buddys waiting for me...cool, i didnt get a ticket or worse that time...

Last edited by spongebob; 05-15-2002 at 09:26 PM.
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 01:17 PM

2 weeks ago coming back from Sears Point, my friend and I got pulled over by a bike cop. He said we were hovering around 80 for a while till we got to our exit and then kicked it up to 90. Actually I was at around 110 pulling away from my friend. We told him had spent all day at the races and it was hot, and we were late and tired and blah blah. His response was "Who won the Superbike race?" We said Nicky Hayden. He says "AGAIN?!?!" and then let us go. Cool guy. We were lucky to be at the end of our trip, and that the guy was a race fan.

Most of the cops that patrol the hills around here will flash their lights at you but won't chase because they know they can't catch you anyway. They just want to slow you down by hitting the lights for a second.

-Kemosabe
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Squidwannabe

Stop your sissy boy fairy talk! You a runner or not ?
I'm a "No Way". The calif. state bar has this crazy thing about not letting convicted felons practice law in this state.
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 07:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
The calif. state bar has this crazy thing about not letting convicted felons practice law in this state.
Does this mean what I think it means, Des?

Anyway, it ain't illegal until you get caught.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode