Let the flaming begin!!! - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Would you run from the police ?
Poll Options
Would you run from the police ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 10:05 PM

Normally I will stop but if the situation is right and the conditions are safe I flee. I don't like to run, but the speeds I get caught at would put me behind the iron grid. Don't get me wrong I don't speed all the time just with groups of bikes around. That makes it alot easier to get away as well.

I voted for the first one. I only run when I know I can get away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 04:34 PM

1. i was doing 85 on one wheel passing a car in a 25mph zone. i pulled over. a 100 dollar ticket and a lecture on staying alive and i was on my way.

2. 95 in a 60 cop going the other way hits the lights and starts to cross the median. 140 faster than i could think 140 get off at the second exit. no ticket.

the point is each situation requires different actions.

"do you feel lucky?.....well do ya punk!"
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 01:16 PM

one time I was stopped for 105 in a 55, there was no where to go so I put my hand up(acknowledging I knew I was fcked), pulled over and walked away with a warning. I really liked that copper

post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 09:21 PM

I have gone by many a radar trap at 250+ kmh. They do not even try and chase me. Is this considered running? I gotta admit that in my younger days, I used to look for cops to chase me. Never caught me even once in probably a hundred tries. These days, I always stop for a minor traffic offense (I still keep on going when I go through the radar trap at anything over 200 kmh), but my first instinct is still to get the f*ck out of there. If I was at the point where another ticket would cost me my license, I don't think I would stop and let them take it away. I am a bad man......but they can only catch me if I let them.

As an interesting aside, I just read where the Surete du Quebec just spent $7.5 million on a new helicopter (that makes 3 for the entire provincial police dept). This thing has a top speed of 214 kmh. Give me enough road, and I'll even lose that thing.

Last edited by Rossco929; 03-12-2001 at 09:23 PM.
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 04:59 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Rossco929
As an interesting aside, I just read where the Surete du Quebec just spent $7.5 million on a new helicopter (that makes 3 for the entire provincial police dept). This thing has a top speed of 214 kmh. Give me enough road, and I'll even lose that thing.
Am I going to see you on that french version of COPS this summer ?
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 12:08 PM

I would if i had nothin to lose, but i do so i wont,unless im with a group of friends then where out like mexicans hot from TJ, that only happened maybe once or twice though.... but i had a friend that ran from the police one time and got away, but they cought his friend he was with. They both had warrents and stolen bikes so they ran.
But after they cought his friend they let him go in a couple of months, see if u dont kill or seriously injure anybody you'll be let go in no time, becuz in the LA county jail is too full 4 B.S.
and in cali(mainly L.A.) if run from the po po's and get cought u wont be in jail long if u have no priors, its sad but its a fact.

Last edited by swoop; 03-13-2001 at 12:24 PM.
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 10:37 PM

uhhh, right.
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 06:01 AM

Swoop, you ride with people with stolen bikes? I know you said it was a friend of yours, but you said it like it was no big deal.

I don't know about everyone else, but any jail time is jail time, no thanks. I had to bail a friend out once for going triple digits and he wasn't even running, and they put him in jail. That's the last time I plan on going to the county jail, visitor or otherwise.
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 10:43 PM

I went into Gadsen county jail (county in north florida) with an officer (as a ride-a-long) and there was some girl (17 or so) in an inmate jumpsuit walking around doing some silly job. I find out after she walks by that she is in jail waiting for trial. Her crime? Murdered her mom with a knife. And this is just jail, and I was unarmed. No thanks, jail can wait for someone else.
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:14 AM

Actually that was a long time ago(6yrs.) when he stole that bike, and belive me fellas jail is very serious buisness to me, Nothin i like to visit, trust me.
I was sayin it like they need to do somethin about people steelin like that and only just gettin a short amount of jail time is B.S., and to me that's not a good thing!!

Last edited by swoop; 03-16-2001 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode