Thieves - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Has a thief ever taken some of your motorcycle fun?
Poll Options
Has a thief ever taken some of your motorcycle fun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
i never should have answered this thread. now i'm f*cking bullsh*t!!!
Wait till the kid is alone and hire some BIG BUBBA to rape him...Heck make that 5 of them , you want to get your moneys worth...When the little jerk gets a car flatten his tires twice a week...

keep it upright and between the ditches..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 04:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to shund
I keep my little GS500 locked up in a building behind my house, but I have seen something that made me shutter.

I like in a pretty rural area outside of one of our state's bigger cities. As of late, the crime rate in that city has been on the rise, with an increase in drug trafficking and the related criminal element flooding in from Detroit (of all places). I have yet to take my bike downtown for any reason...I'll pay the ridiculous gas prices before I'll risk leaving my bike unattended around there.

Anyhow, while entering a friend's apartment complex a few weeks ago, I notice a brand new Kawi 650R sitting inside the main entrance in the foyer (also where the residents get their mail). No lock. No cover. Wide open. Still, I think to myself, there is a camera and someone has to buzz you into the door in the first place...so maybe this isn't so bad.

Fast-forward a week.

Now, officially, the same bike is being left curbside in one of the darkest spots of the busiest street in the city...which happens to be beside the apartment complex. Maybe the guy got lazy, or maybe the landlord wouldn't let it stay inside, but it's out there. And guess what? Still no locks or cover.

I absolutely amazes me, because there are roughly 6 nightclubs and bars within a 50 yard radius, so you have all kinds of drunk slobs around this beautiful bike each night. The owner is literally begging for that thing to be lifted.
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 04:06 PM

I have been very fortunate in all the years I have owned a bike that no thieves have ever stolen something off the bike or the bike(knocks on wood).

At home I have had a place to park the bike inside at night, when parking the bike at work I have a Kryptonite disc lock plus I lock the steering, I know the bike can still be stolen but I am trying to make it very difficult for anyone who might try/succeed.

As far as vandalism someone put an empty candy bar wrapper just under the front lip of the half tank bra. Luckily nothing as far as a true vandalist act has been done to my Kat (knocks on wood hard enough to break the wood).

Sorry to hear others have had problems.

I myself do not believe in messing with someones vehicle, if they mess with mine I will not attack their vehicle, their body will take the brunt of the reply to their cowardice action.

post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 02:37 PM

some jerk, cut my helmet strap on campus. I concider that a stolen part, because it made it useless.
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:44 AM

Nothing much -- just our gloves when we too my uncles out...
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sampleofme
i had my F3 stolen from outside of a friends condo a few years ago. i figured it would be okay because his hadnt been stolen. i parked it right in front of his truck with his bike so that it would be had to get it out of the parking spot. evidently not hard enough though cause they snagged it. i was burning man...it happened and my girlfriend at the time noticed it not not to long after it had been taken. i was knocking on doors asking if anyone saw anything. i walked around the parking lot looking for suspicious looking people and accused a few different people before calming down...the cop came...an hour later and took the report. he said not to have much hope though cause seattles stolen bike return rate is like 3%. i was pissed. three days later i got a call from the sheriffs office. they said that they found my bike crashed about ten miles from where it was taken. the lady was cool. she said that she wanted to let me know before the cruiser got there because they would impound it and i would have to pay for towing and impound. i got there right when the cop did. the crash happened like this...the piece of shit...i meant thief came over a hill going way over the speed limit. there was a road on the right that he tried to slow down to make the turn. he locked the back break and it highsided him. a witness said that they saw a white car that was following him stop and pick him up. i guess he was banged up pretty bad and didnt have a helmet. it almost totalled the bike but i had a little joy out of knowing that the dude got fucked up. the witness was nice enough to let me use their yard to load the bike up. and the cop didnt really say much. he said he should probably take it for fingerprinting and i told him no he wasnt...i was going to take it home. he didnt argue so that was cool...now im so fucking paranoid that i dont do shit with my bike unless i can see it where im sitting or i have about 50,000 lbs of cable, chain and locks on it. in my eyes alarm systems are garbage. it takes a grand total of about ten seconds for four guys to throw a bike in the back of a truck or van. it doesnt matter much if a siren is going off as they drive away does it. this pisses me off thinking about it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode