NASCAR vs Motorcycles - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Would you be mad if you were watching motorcycle racing and suddenly NASCAR came on?
Poll Options
Would you be mad if you were watching motorcycle racing and suddenly NASCAR came on?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 07:21 AM

What do you call 32 rednecks chasing a Fag.

Nascar.

Only racing that can't be run in the rain and has to be speed limited on tracks becuse the drivers are chicken [email protected] Nascar is not racing it is a high speed traffic jam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 12:41 PM

everyone always says "going in a circle is boring", well, if you had your bike on a track where you could run flat out not haveing to worry about cops, tell me you wouldnt' use a tank or 2 of gas....
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 05:06 AM

Assuming that's true (think it would only take me 'bout half a tank), after one or two tanks, what then?
Boooooooooring....

post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:08 PM

Re: remember

Quote:
Originally posted by blackkaw
Don't you guys remember several years back when nascar was not that big a deal to the masses, and it didn't get the coverage that it does today.I really believe our time is coming.( widespread coverage). just like nascar..
i agree but it all has to do with marketing the product you want to sell......difference between Nascar and F1 Motorcyle racing.

Nascar anyone of the 43 who qualify can win......F1 M/C who ever has the most money always wins...people want to see competition.....also..like a said Nascar is marketed like a MOFO in the states....i dont see too many bike F1 commercials....except the Sarah Fisher commercial where she is in a vette....BTW she is a horrible driver and is taking up someone elses spot who should really be there
post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:37 PM

Quote:
drivers are chicken [email protected]
It's not the drivers, it was NASCAR. Cars were flying into the stands.
post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 09:47 AM

We need our own international motorcycle channel.
post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 04:12 PM

You are absolutely right, there should be a motorcycle only channel. Maybe I'll pony up the $75-100 million bucks needed to keep the thing on the air for a year. Anyone want to invest with me?
post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 06:02 PM

Going international is about the only way a motorcycle channel could survive. There is a very large audience for motorcycle racing overseas.

Sorry for the rant, but I really don't understand the popularity of NASCAR or some of the other crap that Speed Channel shows, like truck racing. Next thing you know, people are going to be racing SUV's, and Speed Channel will show it and claim it draws a huge audience!
post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 03:00 AM

I watched Semi-Truck racing the other night on Speed. It was in Spain.
post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ninjadude
I don't think I would fit into the Nascar scene. snip
To fit into the nascar scene, sniff glue until you destroy 90% of your brain cells. Uncontrolled drooling is a sign that you've achived that goal. Toliet bowl racing and wrestling will become much more interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode