NASCAR vs Motorcycles - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Would you be mad if you were watching motorcycle racing and suddenly NASCAR came on?
Poll Options
Would you be mad if you were watching motorcycle racing and suddenly NASCAR came on?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

I still don't like how speed has been changed, or run lately, but at least they realized that it was bad to cut into a live race that a lot of us were watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 11:11 AM

NASCAR

N ot
A nother
S port
C reated
A bout
R ednecks

Everytime i hear Nascar i think of a bunch of guys standing up with a beer and one hand, hooting and waving in the air with the other
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 02:40 PM

Post Re: wow

Quote:
Originally posted by Needa916
As Robert mentioned above, Speed TV says: "SPEED Channel admits a mistake was made but says it won't happen again…". Maybe I am a puppet, but I believe them.

That takes a lot of guts to admit it was a mistake.

Do You Also Believe Cows Will Fly?

post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 05:57 AM

All right, fill me in. I've been getting HOSED at work since Sunday and WAS going to catch up tonight on some races I taped. So what am I missing on the tape from Sunday????? I don't want to get into a race and half way through and find Bubba Halfwit running in circles. That would be like quiting half way though sex, no climax.

The only good thing about NASCAR is giving a few idgits at work shit all the time and them having no comeback other than 'it's the most popular racing in America'. Yah, and Jerry Springer's been on for ages but that doesn't mean it's any good.
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 06:54 AM

NASCAR

I WOULD BE MAD IF I WAS WATCHING THE TV TEST PATTERN AND NASCAR CAME ON

JOE
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
All right, fill me in. I've been getting HOSED at work since Sunday and WAS going to catch up tonight on some races I taped. So what am I missing on the tape from Sunday?????
The live coverage of the AMA supersport race that was on in the early afternoon, 2pm et or something like that, was cut short after a couple of laps to show highlights of a NASCAR race that was already over. The supersport race was shown again around 9pm, so depending on which one you taped it may get cut short to show interviews of people that should be subtitled.
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus

The only good thing about NASCAR is giving a few idgits at work shit all the time and them having no comeback other than 'it's the most popular racing in America'. Yah, and Jerry Springer's been on for ages but that doesn't mean it's any good.
This is a constant complaint in my house. My husband can't stand NASCAR. Yes, it is very popular in America, but is it quality racing, no. As my husband always says, "go really fast, and turn left, any idiot can do that". I have to agree, F1, motorcycle, WRC, these all take some obviously serious skills. No NASCAR in my house. He thinks NASCAR should have their own channel. Get it the hell off his "real racing" channel so I don't have to hear him complain anymore every time he turns to the SPEED channel and NASCAR's on again.
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:38 AM

yes

but it also works for any program I am watching getting cut off for another program.
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 02:52 PM

Cool cool

First it was harley threads, then oil threads. Now it's nascar threads. Count me in.

I'm too cheap to get cable, so it's either nascar or a bunch of men standing around on a grass field spitting and scratching their privates or a bunch of men in tight spandex slapping each other on their butts and groping each others crotches or a bunch of guys running around a wooden surface rubbing up against each ther as much as possible. I understand that after each of these activities, they shower with each other.

Yeah, I'll watch nascar.
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 03:12 PM

Re: remember

Quote:
Originally posted by blackkaw
Don't you guys remember several years back when nascar was not that big a deal to the masses, and it didn't get the coverage that it does today.I really believe our time is coming.( widespread coverage). just like nascar..
Maybe this new movie "14K" will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode