Sportbike World banner

Has your bike every been your only mode of transportation, for more than 3 months?

• Yes

Votes: 78 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 53.0%

Transportation ?

7K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  HiG4s 
#1 ·
4-29-02

#2 ·
Nothing but motorcycles sense 1992. Going to the market or trips with the Wife and Kids don't count. I can easily go three or four months without even setting foot in the Wifes car.

#4 ·
I voted "no" & then remembered that in early 80's I let my car sit
without starting it for 14 months (sat so long a valve rusted).

I put 27,000 miles on my bike in that 14 months....:D

#7 ·
Haven't had a car of my own in 9 months and hardly miss it. Wife's car is available once in a while but rarely need it. Mostly doing it because of financial reasons as I graduate from grad school in Dec after 27 mo program. After graduation I plan on adding a sport tour with hard bags (and a track bike, and a dirt bike, and a full tour, and ......) and then it'll be even easier not to own a car. It's a bit of a PITA running errands and such without storage space. Other than that I love riding every day, makes the commute more fun.:D

Might get an old truck for towing to the track but other than that don't see a real big need for a car after graduation.

Save 300-500/mo in payments and insurance, 5 grand a year is a lot of savings.

#8 ·
I've been using my bike(s) for my only transportation for about 6 months now. I have a 2000 Z28 that I don't drive and have it for sale, anyone interested? My wife hauls the groceries in her SUV, so I don't have to worry about trips to the store. About the best thing about southern New Mexico is no rain so it's riding everyday.

#9 ·
Well, unless you have amazing balance, chains or studs, and some super warm clothing, you can't get by w/ just a bike in WI. It rains too much in the summer, too. I hope to not drive my car to work more than a dozen times this summer, but I doubt I'll be able to do that.

#10 ·
Everyday hell.. It rains 4 –5 times a week down here in the spring. :crying:

#15 ·
Went for almost 2 years w/o a car but that was awhile ago. Now I rarely drive in the summer. I ride rain or shine. anything (cept ice & snow, tornados, or hail) over 20 degrees. I sometimes wonder if I should put stabelizer in my truck? I'd rather ride than drive anyday!

#16 ·
Always driven a cage (and still do, part-time). Only my 2nd year on the bike. I ride waaaaay more than I drive.

I'd sell my car if it was worth it. It owes me nothing, never breaks down and is only worth about AUD$2000. I'll hang on to it until it gives up the ghost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.