Little Sport Bikes ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: Would you buy a 400cc in-line 4, or 650cc twin if they had real suspension parts?
Poll Options
Would you buy a 400cc in-line 4, or 650cc twin if they had real suspension parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Little Sport Bikes ?

2-25-02

Thanks to FZR400Tony for this weeks poll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 06:46 AM
elo

Wink

Some of us buy them even without "real suspension parts."
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 03:55 PM

I'd probably buy one.

If it was a two stroke.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 04:20 PM

That would be cool for us people with high insurance rates. My rates are high because of my age, but I'm sure more people would like them too.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 07:47 PM

I'd definitely go in for one... I'd probably take the 400

Fact of the matter is, in the twisties, 400/600/929/1000 are just a function of the pilot -- the better the rider, the faster the bike. We've said it before, and it's really true. In the meantime, I bet the 400 would be so fun to whip around corners!

So it would lose out in the straights (and of course, it would) -- It'll still do 100+ at top whack, and even if it takes a bit longer to get there... still faster and more fun than a cage!

I'll be taking the rvf then, please
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 02:49 PM

One of the best handling bikes I owned was a Suzuki GSX-R 250. It had (comparitavely) no power whatsoever, but let me corner like I had God's hands.

I'd guess the suspension was quite good Better than I could use, certainly...

2001 Honda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(F4i)
1993 Toyota
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 03:39 PM

I did, but I still prefer a bigger bike for the street if I can only have one. An R4 would be be sick fun!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 04:08 PM

Yamaha used to make a 250 Genesis as well, I don't recall if they did a 400 version too.

The 250 was rumoured to have some reliability issues and so forth, but having never owned one I can't really say. Certainly the R6/R1 series of bikes don't seem plagued by anything other than good, clean fun

2001 Honda
(F4i)
1993 Toyota

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redcliffs

I'll be taking the rvf then, please
Just like this one ?

I had to take this baby to get a new chain fitted for my bro-in-law yesterday (Friday). What a blast !! Handles like it's on rails, brakes like you've thrown an anchor out and goes like stink. OK, it needs a bit of reving but it's suprisingly tractable. Plus, no chicken strips. Muhahahaaa!

Another one for my fantasy garage.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 08:02 PM

little bikes

I just got rid of an 83' vf500f. talk about fun!
It was no rocket by any sense of the word, but you could have so much fun on that thing. I thought it had more guts than my old ex500 (89 model) and I could outrun my cousin on his gs500e. Of course, when you get into that vintage, suspension and weight really hold you back.
All in all, I had a ton of fun on my vf and my ex, I just need some thing a little bigger for my physical size. All the suspesion and tuning in the world isn't going to make it any bigger!
If you ever get a chance to take a little bike out, do yourself a favor, RIP IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode