What winter temperatures are you willing to ride in? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Poll: What winter weather temperature are you willing to ride in?
Poll Options
What winter weather temperature are you willing to ride in?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 06:51 AM

Talking

As long as it's clear and dry I can ride in about any temperature.(I may ride a length of time,however,determined by the degree of cold)
Ask me to tell ya about my dual sport riding while stationed on Alaska sometime!!

JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by katana600
As long as it's clear and dry I can ride in about any temperature.(I may ride a length of time,however,determined by the degree of cold)
Ask me to tell ya about my dual sport riding while stationed on Alaska sometime!!

JIM
What extra gear do you use when in the below 35 range? The only thing that really bothers me in the cold is my hands. What kind of gloves do you sport in the cold?
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 03:57 PM

I'll ride to work in any weather. It usually doesn't get much below 0 celcius here (Melb, Aust).
The wind chill really gets to you. Layers on the body and feet are fine but it is hard to find the right pair of gloves.

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mongers1
I'll ride to work in any weather. It usually doesn't get much below 0 celcius here (Melb, Aust).
The wind chill really gets to you. Layers on the body and feet are fine but it is hard to find the right pair of gloves.
Mongers1, what gloves do you normally use in real cold weather?
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 03:08 PM

I road regularly this winter down to 30 and maybe a little lower with nothing fancy on just a good set of leathers over sweats. but with the snow and ice here in NY this week last weekend was my last until all the salt and sand is washed off. hopefully late March or april I can't wait. Sadly I'll be putting my bike up on jacks tomorrowand sare at it alot.
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 03:11 PM

I just noticed that everyone has a picture of their bikes here. That gives me an excuse to delay packing my bike away I hope I get apicture soon here.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 04:00 PM

Actually, on my daily commute I pass a bl--dy great silo with a clock/temp display on top. Often gets down to 0c ( errr 32F ? ) in winter. Gets to 40c in summer though.

I have 2 words to say to you .... electric grips.

I run Kushitani summer gloves all year round if its dry.

ps : naked bike, no fairing
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jj2f1

Mongers1, what gloves do you normally use in real cold weather?
jj2f1 - The brand and details are: Spidi Kevlar insert reinforced H2OUT.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 06:49 PM

My cutoff is 29 degrees, but every now and then i will go a little lower. That is with some good gear though.

jay
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:35 AM

I used to have a clock thermometer on my bike and have seen it read 9 deg in Flagstaff. That was the coldest I have ever been. Had to stop and thaw my hands twice as I rode up from PHX. I was even wearing a 2mm neopreen long sleeve shirt under a sweatshirt and leather jacket. But after 140 miles with the temps continuously dropping I was way cold. have ridden in the snow and at elevations above 12K ft. Not my idea of prefect weather but it can be done.
MATT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode