Poll: Helmet?
Poll Options
Helmet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 03-28-2003, 09:10 AM

whats a helmet?

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 12:46 PM

Thumbs up

For those guys who don't wear a helmet.... I'm one of the guys who cleans up the mess after the guy who pulled out of the 7-11 didn't see you... After having to scrape up what's left of you, I will not leave the garage with at least a helmet, jacket, boots, and at least jeans...

I'll Sleep when I'm Dead....

Spread the love. Literally.

My hoes are motivated and my teeth are gold plated

Friends help you move...
Real friends help you move bodies!

“Next time I want to borrow your balls, I’LL ASK!!!!”
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 07:24 PM

You only have to go 10 mph, THEN, "someone's calling 911...!"

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 07:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
I rode through the hotel parking lot over to the gas station in Florida without putting the helmet on. I can`t imagine EVER riding on the street without a helmet, for one, it hurts your ears x10, second you feel incredibly vulnerable (sp), and third, you don`t only look dumb, but it just screams "I have no common sense".

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 12:36 PM

Always,it isn't like you plan accidents so you never know when you'll need it.
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 04:13 PM

If i am cruising the strip for girls No.... If plan to do over 20mph off the strip yeah its on like donkey kong!
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 05:38 PM

what if a gal want to ride pillion and you only have one helmet, what does one do? the speeds are well under 30 mph during these conditions...i ask b/c i am always getting this question asked to me
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:33 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by AudioSolstice
what if a gal want to ride pillion and you only have one helmet, what does one do? the speeds are well under 30 mph during these conditions...i ask b/c i am always getting this question asked to me
You don't let them ride. That's a key reason why so many like a single-seater; there's no question about them getting a ride.

If you're cruising for chicks, and want to be cool yet safe, get some sweet lids (unique or interesting designs), and keep one bungied to the back. I don't give a hoot if you're doing 5mph or 500mph, you need a lid. Hell, I'd call you a buffoon for not wearing a jacket too, but its your skin, and you're more likely to survive a crash w/o a jacket than w/o a helmet.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 10:25 AM

always
Except one time i just went out with sunglasses on to the store and got hit by a june beetle and shattered my left lens.

Also i believe there might be more wrecks on a cruising strip going 30mph or less then there are on open road. Plus chicks like the mystery with whos behind the chrome visor

post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gottico
For those guys who don't wear a helmet.... I'm one of the guys who cleans up the mess after the guy who pulled out of the 7-11 didn't see you... After having to scrape up what's left of you, I will not leave the garage with at least a helmet, jacket, boots, and at least jeans...
Hey I'm one of those guys too. Don't you just love the squids that are doing a wheelie at 80mph and wreck not wearing a helmet, having to scrap up brain matter and skull fragments. I always wear my helmet no matter what the temp is and where I'm going. i don't want the EMT's and paramedics that come to the scene if god forbid I have to crash to go through the same thing I have done on these scene's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode