Sportbike World banner

And the bike comes home!

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  crystal 
#1 ·
05 Ninja 500 with customized corbin seat, Woodcraft Clip ons with the fork tubes raised and the suspension lowered out back. It needs a little more adjusting before I take it out, but this is a good starting point. It's a better fit with my boots as well. (last pick is with the bike up)

P.S. This was right after it was delivered today and I would never even think of going riding like this:

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the bike being home!

Here's to safe riding! :cheers:

#3 ·
Nice to see the bike is home & ready to be riden. I was thinking that you have more of a stretch to the bars then I do on my three sportbikes for I am in a relaxed position with elbows bent, true I sit up right against the petrol tank yet can move back & still have elbows in bent position. Still that is one of those things that tend to hit riders that are a bit on the short side in height.

You will have to let us know what it was like riding the bike.

#7 ·
Well, I finally took the bike out today, only clocked 10 miles in a parking lot (about an hour of turns, stops, starts)but I'm not comfortable enough for the road yet so I'll stay where I'm not a danger to myself or anyone else.

Hopefully I'll get it out early on the 11 or 12 and get used to it on the road. I live right on a main road less then 2 minutes from the highway, so there's no room for hesitation or error.

So anyway:

1) Definately need to do something with the kickstand so I can lower it some more

2) Practice Practice Practice!

3) I can lean way on to the tank and be incredibly comfy, it's more fun that way too and better on the arms :)

4) I like my bike so much better than the little baby GZ250 I had in class

5) Handling is still good after the modifications... we'll see what round 3 of lowering brings. Gotta find the happy medium

#11 ·
Z_Fanatic said:
no ZX-10R for you, haha, Great bike. :D Happy learning!
You know, funny you mention that... When I was poking around at the dealership I had to go take a peek because well, they just looked huge sitting in the corner. I walk up to them and the throttle is at head level when it's propped up on it's side stand! :eek: (don't remember if it was the ZX 10R exactly, but some litre bike...)

That was one of those moments when I really felt short...

#12 ·
Well crystal you really are a little 'un. Like yesterday, with it raining, I was in the gym & this gal was trying to bring down a piece of equipment, on an adjustable bar, so she could use it. Probably around your height as I never thought of one NOT being able to reach said height AND I am not tall. So had to since I was the one that left it it top position when working with it.

#14 ·
crystal said:
You know, funny you mention that... When I was poking around at the dealership I had to go take a peek because well, they just looked huge sitting in the corner. I walk up to them and the throttle is at head level when it's propped up on it's side stand! :eek: (don't remember if it was the ZX 10R exactly, but some litre bike...)

That was one of those moments when I really felt short...
This might itch you a little more :p, but the ZX-6R is about the same height as ZX-10R. So if you're considering ZX-6R as your next bike, it would be better just to lower like EX500. All other bikes are more or less big, except R6, in fact R6 would be better option than ZX-6R, it's close to EX500 in terms of size.

#16 ·
We are sort of wanting to know how you & the bike have been doing when it comes to riding.

When you say "I may just up the drivetrain" I have to ask if that means you might RAISE the gearing a bit, for at the start I would not monkey around with altering the gearing.

#17 ·
Don't worry, I'm not planning on touching anything soon ;) Too much studying when it comes to motorcycle mechanics before I make any decisions, it's definately different then working on cars ;)

As for cars, I'll be gone till monday for a car show, so I'm not ignoring any of your posts, just showing off my T-Bird

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.