Buell Blast - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 09:58 PM

I'd suggest buying used too.

Anyway, the Buell is a good bike, but you'll outgrow it fast, even if top speed isn't you thing, 30 HP is really really not fun. I just went from a 30 BHP bike to riding an F2 and a baby 'Ceptor and it's like night and day. With a 30 HP bike on a highway/freeway you have less options since you are struggling just to stay with traffic.

While an F2 might be much for a beginner bike (I've already had one accident on it cause it was too powerful, rear tire started spinning when I gave it gas and it was down before I knew WTF was going on) an EX500, GS500, would be good. If you are willing to go 80s, GS550E/ES VF500F Interceptor (really nice bike, 12k red line ) GPZ550 or any 80-85 500-550 sportbike will have plenty of power, and with a good rider could probably out do a lot of people in the twisties on newer bikes.

Last edited by Jay P; 05-19-2002 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 10:07 PM

well the only thing ive heard about the blasts are that you out grow them really quickly, but for an every day driver i think it would be a good deal. On the insurance thing alot of it has to do with wear you live. how long is your riding season? cause i live in nebraska and it's only about 6 months and thats pushing it. i ride a 2000 lightning with full coverage and mine is 700 a year wich is really crappy b/c im guessing if i rode year round it would be alot more, plus it doesnt help being 20. but ive never heard what a buell blast sounds like, if its any thing like my lightning you will cry the first time you turn it over and rev the throttle it is such a beutiful sound and demands attention. although i bet if you look on ebay or haggle with a dealer they might give you a really good deal. just keep looking i bought my lightning for 7000 and that was a good deal especially with all the mods on it especially since i almost bought a demo model for ten. always rermember chicks dig motorcycles . but ne ways good luck and i hope you find something you love

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 10:12 PM

oh ya almost forgot going new is great especialy if you are not familiar with working on a bike b/c getting anything fixed under warrenty rocks paying out of your pocket is bad

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 06:57 AM

Inverted shifter?

Can you invert the gear shift lever on these bikes?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 07:30 AM

Blast Prices

Check Ft. Lauderdale H/D and Orlando H/D, Orlando had a sign on I-4 that said $3495.00. They are really trying to empty out the Buell inventory to get ready for the Firebolt and it's progeny.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 08:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
Re: Inverted shifter?

Quote:
Originally posted by bird
Can you invert the gear shift lever on these bikes?
no.

anyone wonder if the guy who started this thread (whose like 19 now) ever did get a bike???

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:50 AM

You can Beat a USED Blast as a Bargain bike !

I'm THE Blast advocate, but I'm also a CHEAP Blastard ! And as much as I hate to say this, the Blast doesn't hold it's value at ALL !
But the Great news is- You can just about Steal them in the used bike market. And they are so damned sturdy, you can't find one thats been abused enough to affect reliability. (Unless you buy an already hotrodded Blast!)

Join my Yahoo Group and Learn more.... After you join - you'll get by email an FAQ post and a transcript of an interview with Erik Buell on How and Why he designed the Blast the way he did...

Click here and join- http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Buells-Blast/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg badassblast.jpg (27.3 KB, 53 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in