Sorry... not a Honda - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2001, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy

In advance I apologize for this off topic posting. But with the quality of readers on the Honda board I thought this would be the best place to make a posting.

I also posted this request on the Exotic Board so feel free to answer me there if you feel that an answer on the Honda board is not appropriate.

I am currently playing with the idea of buying a European sportbike in a couple years. These bikes have always thrilled me with there design and stature.

I currently ride a 900RR and I have no problems with it at all. I think it is a wonderful machine and it does absolutely everything that I need it to do. But I have this calling to one day own a Ducati or Aprilla or gee... maybe an MV Augusta.

What I would like to know is if any of these bikes are good for daily driving. I also like to take trips and I know that these are not touring bikes. I already do it on my RR (I am not concerned with the cramped positioning) But what I want to know is if these bikes are reliable enough to take on two or three day trips. What about the service intervals? Are Ducatis still required to do the 6K or so valve adjustment? How about the others?

Price is not a major concern since I plan to purchase used in a couple years. I would just like to know what the real riders out there have to say about these bikes. Any information or comments are very much welcomed. Your comments will certainly make a difference in my final decision.

Sincerely,

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2001, 08:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
my ducati experience is a 916 and 750 paso.

the paso you could ride to work. riding the 916 to work down a straight stretch of highway is just wrong. you can do it, but you'd hate it.

the aprilia seems like you can ride it anywhere, especially the sl1000. but i've never been on any of them.

mv, well...i rather not make any comment. i've never been near one. and is it better than a gsxr750???

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2001, 01:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I have three words for you... Aprilia, Aprilia, Aprilia.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2001, 05:27 PM

Cool

I have an Aprilia RSV1000-R Mille and find it to be acceptable for long rides. I have had no problems beyond a malfunctioning side-stand sensor (a common defect on Mille's). On the track, the combination of torque and the sweet Ohlins suspension make it a really easy bike to go fast on.

OrangeStripes
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 05:17 PM
Moderator - Honda Forum

Talking Movin on up...

sorry dude but i'm movin' ya...

anybody looking for this post it's gunna be in the exotics forum

Nick
"Stupid Hurts!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode