Ducati, MV Augusta, Aprilla... - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 02:05 PM

Re: How Much is it

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeRocket [R1]
How much is the MV Agusta anyways? It looks too dang expensive for an everyday rider. The other bikes aren't too bad! I've always wanted a Mille R.
About $18k. That should be a bit cheaper than a Mille R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 02:23 PM

Aprilia

I would go for an Aprilia. They have excellent quality, and are still rare. You can also get leftover 02s for cheap. Im getting my 02 RSV Mille for $10,800 here in 2 weeks. I have found 02 RSV Mille Rs for $13,500. Look around and you will find great deals!!!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 09:23 PM

I love my MV agusta. I just got it a few months ago. So far no problems other than a small leak of coolant. My clutch wrist does hurt after an hour in traffic but was ok on a longer out of the city trip of 2 hours or so becuase I could lay on the tank and take the pressure off from time to time. Same method I use on the VFR I still own. I would rather ride the Agusta and suffer a little to get the greater enjoyment once I get to curvy roads. It handles so much better.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 07:23 PM

I will risk being made fun of and suggest a Moto Guzzi. They don't suck since Aprilia bought them. They are sexy and sound great. I am trying to sell my 748 so I can buy a V11 Nero Corsa.
The MGS models really look sweet but aren't coming out till mid-05 and will be pricey.

Check out the website

www.moto-vational.com
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 07:56 PM

Smile Own a Futura...best bike I've owned

I have a Futura and I simply love it. It has a great sound (D&D aftermarket cans with revised codes, etc.) and the bags are super useful. This is my first "bagger" and I was very apprehensive about the idea. But, now that I have bags, I'm not sure I could go back. Also, the bags don't look awful like on lots of other bikes.

The bike has plenty of power, but you can always use more.

FYI: I bought my Futura used for ~$8k with risers, aftermarket exhaust, Penske rear shock, Pirellis, cruise control, electrical outlet, etc and I am very happy with it.

I've put ~6k miles in less than 2 years on it with only 1 small electrical issue which went away with time. Go figure.

But, the MV and new Aprilia Mille are very sweet indeed!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 08:02 PM

Smile Own a Futura...best bike I've owned

I have a Futura and I simply love it. It has a great sound (D&D aftermarket cans with revised codes, etc.) and the bags are super useful. This is my first "bagger" and I was very apprehensive about the idea. But, now that I have bags, I'm not sure I could go back. Also, the bags don't look awful like on lots of other bikes.

The bike has plenty of power, but you can always use more.

FYI: I bought my Futura used for ~$8k with risers, aftermarket exhaust, Penske rear shock, Pirellis, cruise control, electrical outlet, etc and I am very happy with it.

I've put ~6k miles in less than 2 years on it with only 1 small electrical issue which went away with time. Go figure.

But, the MV and new Aprilia Mille are very sweet indeed!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:45 PM

do you realize that the posts on this page alone encompass 3 years?

slow ass board
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSlacker
Contrary to what you may have heard, the MV Agusta is a great everyday bike. That's what mine is, and I have 3000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever. If you don't mind your wrist going numb from the pressure, I suppose it would be alright for a sport-touring bike. The seat doesn't bother me at all (and at 210 pounds, my ass ain't small!), but my right wrist goes numb after about 50 miles. If you can handle the ergonomics, I wouldn't worry at all about reliability. FYI, the valve adjustment schedule is every 12k miles, so no problem there either.
You can have roughly the same maintainance schedule (through a large dealer network) if you get a Ducati. The MV's handle like a pig compared to a 999/749, from what I've heard. All are beautiful machines and I would be easily sold on any of them, monies aside. Hell, if we are talking exclusive, why not get a Bimota SB8K Santamonica, or even that new ugly yet beautiful Tesi 2D. The company is back up and running again. It would also be cool to have a carburated VDue... food for thought.

All are awesome, but in the sense of practicality, think of your dealer network for when/if you go down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in