- One of a kind, noone here stunts w/ this

The 636, realy clean look
- has tons of aftermarket sweets
- 636cc of inline 4 rage, 115 HP and 52lbs of torque
- Power Stuntworx has all the fixin's
- * Not as much appeasemant as the Firebolt *
=============================================

Try not to just go with the popular opinion, when you reply

I couldn’t really care less about popular opinion. Rather, I am looking for informed observations of the bikes themselves

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Today I test rode the buell Firebolt, the dealership got a hand full with me

First, it had 8 miles on it

And I beated that bike through all its paces - went to race my favorit roads, Highway drive, and City worthyness

I took that damn bike to all my favorite roads. when I got back to the dealership, it was Three hours later, and 98 miles

The salesman called my phone 15 times, but I never noticed. He also called the police and declared it stolen

He was piss ass mad when it got there, but then he swalowed it down like a man, because he knew I was a potential buyer

F**king hilarios, 90 MILES . . . lol
==============================================

One the roads, the bike turns great,
- at slow speeds the steering is heavy - nimble but heavy
- tried to do fast evasive meanuvers on imaginary object - it didnt seem to want to get off its line
- the engine, though has great pull, seems like the engine needs like 15-20 more HP
- the gas tank/frame got realy freaking hot - - I had to stand on pegs to dry myself off
- the clutch works, but needs work
- the power has lumps from the start, so you have to have a real soft wrist to get it moving smooth
- KEEPS PULLING HARD to top speed (I got to 123MPH)
- the shifter is bulky, you practically have to kick it to shift up
- in the CITY the clutch becomes a strain, and a little hard to pull
- one the roads I love, I was able to get the same cornering speeds that I have done on my ninja, and it was my FIRST TIME on the damn bike - how fast can I go with experiance
- the sound of the bike is attractive
- the gas tank/frame got realy freaking hot - - I had to stand on pegs to dry myself off = just making myself clear, DAMN HOT
- felt very confident and safe when turning - - if you like to carve the roads - get a buell
- the rear brake, why is there no real feedback, when clutched in, stomping the rear brake - nothing much
only with V-twins that you can get those power lumps
compared to a I-4, the engine has so much range, that the transmission is just born to be smooth
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ochoa0042
Today I test rode the buell Firebolt, the dealership got a hand full with me

First, it had 8 miles on it

And I beated that bike through all its paces - went to race my favorit roads, Highway drive, and City worthyness

I took that damn bike to all my favorite roads. when I got back to the dealership, it was Three hours later, and 98 miles

The salesman called my phone 15 times, but I never noticed. He also called the police and declared it stolen

He was piss ass mad when it got there, but then he swalowed it down like a man, because he knew I was a potential buyer

F**king hilarios, 90 MILES . . . lol

One the roads, the bike turns great,
- at slow speeds the steering is heavy - nimble but heavy
- tried to do fast evasive meanuvers on imaginary object - it didnt seem to want to get off its line
- the engine, though has great pull, seems like the engine needs like 15-20 more HP
- the gas tank/frame got realy freaking hot - - I had to stand on pegs to dry myself off
- the clutch works, but needs work
- the power has lumps from the start, so you have to have a real soft wrist to get it moving smooth
- KEEPS PULLING HARD to top speed (I got to 123MPH)
- the shifter is bulky, you practically have to kick it to shift up
- in the CITY the clutch becomes a strain, and a little hard to pull
- one the roads I love, I was able to get the same cornering speeds that I have done on my ninja, and it was my FIRST TIME on the damn bike - how fast can I go with experiance
- the sound of the bike is attractive
- the gas tank/frame got realy freaking hot - - I had to stand on pegs to dry myself off = just making myself clear, DAMN HOT
- felt very confident and safe when turning - - if you like to carve the roads - get a buell
- the rear brake, why is there no real feedback, when clutched in, stomping the rear brake - nothing much
only with V-twins that you can get those power lumps
compared to a I-4, the engine has so much range, that the transmission is just born to be smooth
Good write up. But I wouldn't ever mess with a Harley product again.

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension

Last edited by DanQ; 08-17-2007 at 10:43 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 AM

Yeah that buell looks nice but from what you wrote I wouldn't get it. Too much stuff you say it Needs and things you'll have to do to it to make it ride and feel like you want it to. And I think the price is like around $12,000 if I'm not mistaken so its a little expensive for what it delivers. You ought to just get an Aprilia RSV1000R for about another grand and save yourself any work.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 AM

Yeah that buell looks nice but from what you wrote I wouldn't get it. Too much stuff you say it Needs and things you'll have to do to it to make it ride and feel like you want it to. And I think the price is like around $12,000 if I'm not mistaken so its a little expensive for what it delivers. You ought to just get an Aprilia RSV1000R for about another grand and save yourself any work.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 08:26 AM

hmmm looks alot like this thread, Sportbike World > Sportbike Related > Stunting > Buell of Kawasaki just woundering what you are up to trying to sell something. try a buell site you might acualy find people who are interested in them.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Nah

Nah dude, im not selling anything

I have just been talking in the stunt forums for a while, and I just sprawled my legs to other places in this site.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 05:41 PM

ok as long as you are not advertising or spam. there a couple of people who have had or who have buells on this site.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode