Are Buells reliable? - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonk!

....What if old legless Desmo is strapped to a pogo stick?
If he were, theoretically he should be capable of hop. Obviously, since he is hopless, there is no stick. QED

However, please expand upon the notion of "hopless" as a state of mind.

(I've got one and a half more hours to kill at work)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:47 AM

Hey, I'm all for the goofing around......but what exactly is the point of the leg-less comments?
post #53 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:52 AM

Kierkegaard once expounded on the limits of the human soul as being relentlessly mired in the banality that is human existence. Ipsofacto "hopless."

Actually, maybe it was Winnie the Pooh who said that. I never really paid that much attention in college.

Come to think of it, I just made all of that up hoping to b.s. you. Sounded good for a moment, didn't it?

post #54 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo
Hey, I'm all for the goofing around......but what exactly is the point of the leg-less comments?
You should know, you're the alleged hopless one!
post #55 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:58 AM

I liked your first response!

Then again, if I paid less attention in college I could have become a lawyer. Then I'd really be hopeless
post #56 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:09 AM

Hey, Desmo!
Check out the Daily Rider Forum thread on the Buell Firebolt. You'll LOVE it.
post #57 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 01:53 PM

Okay Desmo079, you can stop acting like the kid in the back of the classroom no one pays attention to. I never said I like Buells. All I pointed out was your arguements on reliablity were based on emotion and not fact. Your follow-up was weak at best and you whine more than a French gatekeeper during WWII.
post #58 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 12:22 PM

A wise man once told me that the opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy.
post #59 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 12:50 PM

Wink

Probably the same guy who came up with your signature.
post #60 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 08:53 PM

Exclamation

I know 9 out 0f 12 people to have had MAJOR problems due to poor workmanship or design. Problems ranging from rocker box oil leaks, cracked sprokets, Fi problems, and one guy who seperated his motor from the motor mounts slamming down a wheelie. I was 1 of the 9. I bought an M2 that killed randomly on the freeway and pissed oil out of the front rocker box. The dealer said "Thats commom" OKAY on a brand new bike????

Buells are another product of the American moto culture. If you're looking to buy American and aren't going for all out performance, and just want a good, comfy backroads bike, then a Buell is a great choice. But as far as ALL OUT performance a Buell will get spanked by even a 600. Anybody who tells you a Buell will beat a CURRENT 600 SS to 60 or will match or beat the 600 through corners is lying, has never street raced against the current 600cc supersports, or street raced somebody on a 600 who's last name was Gump! I knew a Buell salesman who flipped over and got arrested on an X1 trying to catch one of my buddies on his R6 up an on ramp!

Reliability??? Majority of my friends have had trouble with one thing or another. Jap bikes aren't part of the Harley culture but they are more durable, faster, and cheaper.

Good riding to all

Last edited by gsx-in the city; 04-01-2002 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode