Zx10r - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Zx10r

Assuming Kwak's new 10R is in the price neighborhood of the XB12R . . . .well, I hate competition!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 12:30 AM

lol..I think this belongs in the Suzuki forums. I think the GSXR1000 is the one whos going to feel the competition. I dont think Kawi's aim with this bike was too take on the Buell market B/C...well there really isn't one. IMO..I think Buell never really had a market just maybye its own lil niche in the motorcycling community. If I was looking for a liter bike I dont think Buell would be on my list. Dont get me wrong I love my bike and all but a Buell -vs- Liter bike=Alot of dust in your face
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Buell XB12R and Kawi's 10R

Quote:
Originally posted by phatkidwit1eye
lol..I think this belongs in the Suzuki forums. I think the GSXR1000 is the one whos going to feel the competition. I dont think Kawi's aim with this bike was too take on the Buell market B/C...well there really isn't one. IMO..I think Buell never really had a market just maybye its own lil niche in the motorcycling community. If I was looking for a liter bike I dont think Buell would be on my list. Dont get me wrong I love my bike and all but a Buell -vs- Liter bike=Alot of dust in your face
I understand where you are coming from, but the 12R and 10R . . . "are" . . . in competiton for my 10K large. You see, I am saving up to pay cash for a bike, and I expect the bike I buy to last me and satisfy me for many, many years to come (is forever a long time?) I'm a 50 year old frustrated military jet jock and I feel the need for speed, if you know what I mean . . . probably I need "G's" more than speed, just to keep it on the safe side.

I look at it like this . . . 10 years from now, which bike would still make me proud? (Probably the Buell).

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 09:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to SilentNEKO
hmm, well like said before there is no competition between the 2 bikes, I'm sorry to say that the buells are a bit over priced and not known for extreme reliability, or power. if you need speed an inline 4 is the way to go and kawi's are quite reliable. considering what your looking to do I also think the buels gear box would dissapoint you a bit.

don't flame me guys I love buell, but only as a second bike, I see way to many of them in the shops around here.

"When the time comes, I'll be too busy lookin good!"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 09:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to cdma2000
Okie,

Both the 12R and the 10R are competing in my dreams. I'd want to feel good that the 10R will hold up to 100k miles. I'd want the 12R in black-and-gold, and I want the radial brakes, but it's only in blue or silver this year.

The 10R might be a tad small for sport-touring (riding 600 miles to get to Colorado's really nice roads). The 12R is not the bike for the track, but does do better in the twisties than my last bike.

I've ridden a 12R, but not a 10R (yet).

I am almost going to be able to buy either bike in cash next Febuary. I wrecked my last bike last month... this wait is killing me.

cdma2k
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 12:17 PM

10K to 11k... Don't forget the disounts...

for buying HD/Buell. Even when the bikes were new releases, my M2 and the XB9S, I got 1500 and 500 bucks off MSRP, respectively. Also my full coverage HD Insurance with a 250 deductible only runs 350 dollars per year, not every six months.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentNEKO
don't flame me guys I love buell, but only as a second bike, I see way to many of them in the shops around here.
Same here, mega problems with my X1. The new XB's are better but still have a ways to go.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

New Bike Yet?

Quote:
Originally posted by cdma2000
Okie,

Both the 12R and the 10R are competing in my dreams. . . .
I am almost going to be able to buy either bike in cash next Febuary. I wrecked my last bike last month... this wait is killing me.

cdma2k

CD . . . just checking back to see if you got that new bike yet?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to cdma2000
My new 10R will be here in 14 days, so spake my dealer. Mine's black.

cdma2k

We will teach our twisted speech to the unbelievers
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
When did Kawasaki turn into an exotic?

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode