2000 x-1 limited? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

2000 x-1 limited?

i am considering one of these,i think it is a 00 might be an 01.but it is a limited x-1 1203.what is the story with these bikes,are they worth a crap?i would just ride mostly in town,and a few 100mph blasts on the freeway.might even shoot around a few curves.my pals all ride jap bikes and say the jap bikes are the best.i have owned a few hd's and never had a problem,but i wanted something a little faster.am i better off with a gsxr 600 or something like or will the buell work out just fine?thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 09:19 AM

I have an 02 X1W with a race chip and love it. No problems at all runs great and really fun.

I really dont care for in-line engines though. If your going with a japanese bike I'd stick with a twin of some kind.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:27 AM

I could give ya the whole story but screw it. Plain & simple the X1's were the most unreliable of all the Buells.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 10:20 AM

LOL @ Dyna

He couldn't help but say that... But there is Some truth in that.(Dyna owns THE Lemon of all X1's) The early X1's WERE plagued with troubles. But the last two years they were de-bugged and were absolute sweeties ! Search for the later ones- not the '99-'00s.

Quote:
Originally posted by dyna
I could give ya the whole story but screw it. Plain & simple the X1's were the most unreliable of all the Buells.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 02:46 PM

I second dyna. I had a 2000 buell, nothing but problems. Not only will your japanese riding buddies always be on faster bikes, but they are on more reliable ones as well. I am 22, and I have raced/ridden motorcycles for 17 years, and the buell was the worst bike I ever owned. The dealer flat out admitted to me they were junk as well...after I bought it and was back at the dealership for the upteenth time getting something fixed under warranty. The buell riders excuse is "well we own the corners". Thats another line of BS....I am far faster in the curves on my rex.In my opinion naked bikes are the way to go, so long as you avoid any crapcans from milwaukee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode