Lightning Windscreen ??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Lightning Windscreen ???

I looked at the new Buells during the bike show that came thru town a few weeks ago. The firebolt was a bit too stretched out for me but the Lightning felt pretty good sitting on it. Has anyone put a windscreen on one??? The only road bike I've had before was an '86 Intruder,which I put 50,000+ miles on. And I only had it for a couple of months before I put a plexifairing III on it... I don't do much long distance riding but I do enough local highway riding that I would like to knock down on the wind blast...

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 02:46 AM

I havent heard anything about one. I know you can buy one for the blasts ,but i doubt it for the lightning. It might be kinda tuff but i bet you could piece one together. Although i think it would look kinda goofy like that. Anyways to each his own hope it works for ya

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Phat, thanks for your reply...

Yea, I had wondered about the looks also. I had just wondered if anyone had installed one, and how it worked, what it looked like etc.
Like I said, I really liked the comfort factor of the Lightning over the Thunderbolt. Could you, with different pegs and bars or risers, get the riding position of a thunderbolt closer to a lightning or would that just be stupid and asking for trouble??? Hey, I know that's a loaded question but I'm just looking for opinions... Civil ones that is...

Kevin

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 09:02 PM

I am not too sure about that one. They are basicly the same bike, but the lightning has a different rear end and bars. As for changing it around you might have some problems with the bolt's wind screen since it has clip ons instead of bars and im not too sure how the pegs are mounted on as compared to the lightning. Although just about any thing can be done with enough cash or a decent garage. If you want to try some people who own one try this site alot of those guys know what they are talking about instead of me guessing. www.badweatherbikers.com pretty good site when you need some help but i like the crowd over here for for some strange reason Good luck with what ever you try

(p.s you were talking about the firebolt not the thunderbolt right?)

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2003, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Just an FYI...

Just an FYI, it went and test rode an XB9R yesterday. Cool bike, I really liked it but I'm still leaning towards the XB12R. It was the first sport type bike I"ve ridden and the riding position was really comfy after you got moving, I had been wondering about that. I was afraid the 'long' reach to the bars would be too much for an 'old fogie' like me, (42) but it wasn't ... And after up to highway speeds, if you wanted to get out of the wind blast just slide back and hide behind (as much as you can anyway) the windscreen and you're pretty much out of the wind... Rookie observations...

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode