Stay Away From Blast! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Stay Away From Blast!

I'm growing weary of my BLAST!. I used to love it but I think I've experience the final straw...

First some history,

1200 miles... the rocker-box gasget blows.

3000 miles... the rocker-box gasget blows. Replaced with new/improved model.

6000 miles... Drive belt snaps.

9000 miles... Drive belt snaps.

and now at 13,500 miles the rear wheel bearing fails at speed and the rear wheel flopps back-and-forth damaging the brake rotor and caliper.

Don't know what this is going to cost me just yet but I know one thing for certain. I've purchased my first and last HD product!

Now, everytime I read about how well the company is doing I get really angry. They post record profits while I write checks for unplanned repairs. The 12-Month warranty is a joke.

Last edited by buellboy; 09-19-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 01:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar7R Send a message via Yahoo to Kevlar7R
We probably could have told you to stay away from the blast.....

post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar7R
We probably could have told you to stay away from the blast.....

Yup, I second that.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester

post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 02:13 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I don't know what your lemon-laws are there and how they apply to bikes, but it might be worth looking into.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 08:38 AM
JR2

I am so glad this thread came about, because I was about to buy one for my wife. NOT ANYMORE.

PEACE.... AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.
post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 08:40 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by JR2
I am so glad this thread came about, because I was about to buy one for my wife. NOT ANYMORE.
I got one I can sell you....they're GREAT!!!
Disregard everything said above.....

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 05:17 PM

Yup,

I tend to avoid HD bikes/products at all costs. Maybe that's why HD riders always seem pissed about something; they're always worried they'll need to replace something after a days' ride.

"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score"?
-Vince Lombardi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.kcsportbike.com
post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 04:12 AM

Learn to be a "MECHANIC" not a technican...
Get the Motors Manual and Parts Book for your year and model...
Do your own work, save money, and have a long lasting BUELL...
"MAY THE LONG LASTING BUELL BE WITH YOU"
In buerlling
LaFayette

LaFayette
post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 09:28 AM

Buell Blasts are A-OK

LOL...beleive what you will. But the Buell Blast is on record as one of the most Relaible Buells ever made.
If you abuse or neglect (or don't understand) the bike...it's gonna give you trouble or breakdowns. And thats what sounds like the case above. I have 15,000 trouble free miles on my -2001 Modified Blast and it's still on it's original Drive belt (which the factory recomends changed at 15k). The only trouble I've had was with the leaking rockerbox (paper) gasket. Which was replaced with the current /updated -Metal ones..and leak solved- end of Story.

Read all about the Blast on my Yahoo Group (The worlds largest Blast fellowship)

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Buells-Blast/

Blast on !

"Own The Corners"
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 08:12 AM

Buellboy, was your Blast new or used? If you bought a used one that may be your problem. For a while there HD had a trade-up offer. You buy a Blast and ride it for less than a year and then get full purchase price put towards a new HD bike when you trade it in. When most people get the chance to ride something for a year for free they are going to rag the f0Rk out of it and that is why a lot of used Blasts nowadays are in such bad shape. But I think HD ended that offer at the end of 2002, but I'm not sure. I have also heard the Blasts before 02 had the paper gasket problem, but since then they have been pretty good bikes overall as long as you follow that break in TO THE LETTER and let the thing warm up properly EVERY time you ride it. I hear they also get less thirsty for oil the older they get. As for the warranty the '04s now have the new 2 year warranty which is why some dealers are trying to get rid of thier '03 stock. I was mere minutes away from buying a Blast, but I decided I wanted a little more juice as well as a windshield/fairing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode