Stay Away From Blast! - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 12:04 AM

Wow! This is the most Buell owners I have ever seen on this board. It's funny seeing all BWB names pop up. There hasn't been this much fun on here since Desmo079 and JDM1200 were around.

EZ: How about a quick resize? That pic is huge.

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 04:53 AM

You Buell guys need to reread some of the posts.

There wasn't any bashing at all on the Buell line besides the Blast.
Several years ago, my wife wanted one badly (2001 or so) so we went and rode one. She rode it and liked it fine, but I rode it and realised that she would not be happy with it after a very short amount of time. I'll qualify this statement as not perfect, as I thought an X12 was the bike I would start on. We ended up with nothing, as my truck broke down and all of our disposable income went to fixing it. Even worse, my wife ended up buying a Rebel soon after I got a little 600 Shadow to start on, and she hated the Rebel after 200 miles. I think she would have been better off on the 600 I had as I moved up to a 1300 VTX. She saw that was true when we traded the Rebel in on my 1300. Same reasoning applies here, the Rebel was underpowered and badly affected by windblast, just as the Buell was. I'm sure some people think they are great first bikes, my experience tells me otherwise.

I understand some of you like the Blast, but we've got other members saying they aren't the best beginner bike. Therefore, there's two opinions. Just because you own a Buell doesn't make you the authority on beginner's bikes, or even Buells.

Somewhere in the difference of opinion lies the real truth. Let any beginning riders make the decision for themselves, and try to represent your 'fellowship' with comments other than "No, you're stupid if you don't like Buell!!!!!" and "All other bikes are cookie cutter and Buells are awesome!!!!".

How about some real-life reasons that don't rely on bashing other bikes to say that Buells are nice?

And Blastaholic, I find it very ironic that you were banned from the board that represents the 'fellowship' you imagine you are a part of.
post #53 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Some days are like this.

Re: Wow...

Quote:
Originally posted by Blastoholic
And to think, I was one of the original posters on this "OLD" thread. And now it's comes down to bashing just for fun ?
I've contibuted to this forum in the past, but this will be my last post here. If a site like this, will allow this kind of unmoderated disrespect of other peoples choice of machine. Then I no longer wish to contribute to such a site.

I've even been known as being highly outspoken on other bike sites, including the largest Buell site on the internet -[link to site removed, as it violates the TOS of this board - spicerke] from which I'm now banned.

But I'll give them(BWB) credit for this much....the moderators THERE never allow such blatant disrespect of others opinions. LOL- I should know...

But I'd rather be banned from such a fine Buell Enthusiasts site - as Badweatherbikers, than be a contributing poster of THIS Site ever again !

You bashers sicken me. But also make me feel Proud to to be part of a Fellowship- that you can't even comprehend !

Good By, and good ridence !

~Ralph

Erm, Ralph, not sure if you noticed, but there was no "bashing" as you put it on the Blast. Honest commentary from owners or people that have experience with it and don't like it, yes. Since we are not positively dripping with compliments, we are bashing? I like that.

I also find it funny that you were banned from a Buell enthusiast site, maybe because YOU are one one the bashers of other bikes that don't meet up to your exacting standards?

If you can't handle opinions contrary to yours with regards to bike types, then I agree, SBW is not the site for you. And FWIW, SBW encourages debate, we don't censor people for dissenting opinions, which is why this thread hasn't been "moderated", as you seem to think it should be.

Good luck on whichever site you call home, and keep the rubber side down!

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester

post #54 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 05:44 AM

Damn a party without me?
Blastoholic:
Are you really so insecure about your choice of motorcycle, that the opinion of someone a few states away causes you to go apeshit? Lighten up. Notice how many times every other brand gets bashed.
Vaneo: Sure buells are unique, but thats not the same things as good. Yes jap bikes are very cookie cutter, because millions of dollars worth of R&D all point in the same direction. If I built a bike out of 2x4's and a lawnmower motor, it will definetly be very unique. But it'd be a peace of shit too. One does not relate to the other.
Dago: Long time no see! Are you serious about the invite? Look I realize full well that the reason for the power plant has a great deal more to do with financing that anything else. Buell came up with a great many radical ideas, and some of them are working pretty well. However they are not a world class race bike, and I'm getting pretty tired of people who keep on claiming that they are. I mean what is this "If you pay 1.5 times as much money you can have a bike thats almost as good" attitude? Fresh approach is good, but what buell is lacking is the refinement brought by multiple generations of improvment and feedback from thouthands of racers all over the world.
DanQ: this post refers to the entire buell line and not just the blast.

post #55 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Long time no see! Are you serious about the invite?
Absolutely! I'll email you the specifics as soon as they're nailed down. But mark January 23rd on your calendar.

Quote:
they are not a world class race bike, and I'm getting pretty tired of people who keep on claiming that they are.
NO SHIT!...You and me both. It is what it is.
post #56 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vaneo1

Funny no one ever comes up to me and talks about the bike in a negative way, in fact Ive only been approached by those who are curious about the bike and those who love the bike.

Those who would normally make negative remarks about the bike wouldnt approach it for fear that it would blow up at any given moment.

People tend to comment on bikes they dont normally see. If I pull in somewhere, everyone swarms to my bike. half of them talk about how beautiful it is, and ask what type of bike it is... the other half already know what it is and want to know the dyno numbers and what I have invested in it. Even the HD owners are grinning when I pull in. Does this mean I have the greatest bike in existance? Nope... its merely intriguing.

In your case... noone knows what a blast is. We dont see them on the road... or at the bike shows. Not because noone owns them, but because when the weekend rolls around, they are still sitting at the dealership waiting for repair. I went in to ask about dyno time one day, and was informed that there would be no time due to repairs filling the books for over two months. I turned around and saw 9 buells and 2 HDs lined up behind me. Is this a sign? Naw... I think it was very blunt.

Do I wish I had your bike? No. If I wanted a blast, I would have bought one. Do you wish you had my bike? No. Otherwise, you would have bought one.

There are so many different bikes on the road because there are so many different people with different tastes. And then there are buell/hd owners, who have no taste at all.
post #57 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 07:52 AM

With the funding from Harley, I wish Buell would seriously invest in racing. It can be done. Look at Kenny Roberts with Proton. Other then the KTM shit, he's still pressing on. And 2007 is going to be big for racing on all levels. I just don't see Buell being there. HD and Buell are just looking for the casual cruiser rider.

exotic can mean limited numbers as well. Not just production but on this board. Think about if they had a Buell category five people would be talking once a month each other.

The best thing about this site is that you can say whatever you as long as your heart is in the right place. It's all about opinions.

Get some more leathers, cause you skin is too thin for this site.
post #58 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Damn a party without me?

Vaneo: Sure buells are unique, but thats not the same things as good. Yes jap bikes are very cookie cutter, because millions of dollars worth of R&D all point in the same direction. If I built a bike out of 2x4's and a lawnmower motor, it will definetly be very unique. But it'd be a peace of shit too. One does not relate to the other.
Vash once again you are spreading your wings of ignorance...
Lawn mower motor eh? Hmm I wonder if I can find any Monster owners who will agree with you on that one since were all part of the V-twin realm, better yet how about the RC-51 those are pretty popular and coveted by many of "cool jap bike riders" right? Lawn mower motor my ass.
http://kimmershow.com/fileTamer/Harl...ps#256,1,Slide 1
I can already see Yamaha is starting to follow suit.
Check out the exhaust. No Im not saying Buell is a model company for the jap bikes, but I am starting to see some of the Buell traits being incorporated into jap bikes.
post #59 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:42 AM

Look at the pipe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06yzfr6_blue_1sized.jpg (56.9 KB, 52 views)
post #60 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033

In your case... noone knows what a blast is. We dont see them on the road... or at the bike shows. Not because noone owns them, but because when the weekend rolls around, they are still sitting at the dealership waiting for repair. I went in to ask about dyno time one day, and was informed that there would be no time due to repairs filling the books for over two months. I turned around and saw 9 buells and 2 HDs lined up behind me. Is this a sign? Naw... I think it was very blunt.

Dyno time? Were did you go? Did you bring your jap bike to a Harley Dealer for dyno time? HAHAHAHA or could it be you have a Buell and dont want to tell anyone because this thread is overflowing with the opinions of ricers who are looking for a good time regardless of what they are saying? Oh please come clean ZX123458943754370543670...Glad I can just say Firebolt and be done with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode