Stay Away From Blast! - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 11:22 AM

No, I actually thought the zx10 was one of the ugliest liters. If I wanted pretty, I would've bought an R1.
I've never owned an american bike, but my roommate does. I've spent far too much time replacing rusted bolts, leaking seals, and sometimes I wonder if there was ever an engineer involved in designing that bike, or if it was put together by the sort of amatures who make bikes on tv.
If eric buell is such a good designer, why hasnt he picked a better powerplant for his bike?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by vaneo1
hmm it all sounds too me like this thread is full of people who
a) wish they had a bike and can do nothing but talk about those who have one
I have a bike, a Blast, as a matter of fact.

Quote:
b) who have a bike that looks like every other bike out there and is talking out of their ass about information they have heard from their friends
See above.
And I DID have a bike that looked like every other bike out there, a 2000 F4, and it got stolen. $20 says I could leave the Blast out in the street with the key in the ignition and the damned thing would still be there in the morning.

Quote:
c) who probably wanted one but just couldnt find one because they live in zulu land and dont know what a real twisted raod looks like because all they do is ride around on a staright dirt road all day in front of their farm.
I grew up and learned to ride in N CA, tell me there aren't twisties there?

Quote:
d) post a lot because they dont really enjoy riding their bike so they just talk about what they were gonna do but didnt do because theyre probably sick of the SAME straight road or have to ride 100 miles to the nearest curve to do U-turns and ride it all day.
I don't enjoy riding my bike, and I can't wait to get a new one that looks just like everybody else's. There is a track less than 20 minutes from me, so nope, not that same straight 100 miles of straight road.

Quote:
I have had waaaaay more compliments on the Bolt then I have had on my CBR. Funny no one ever comes up to me and talks about the bike in a negative way, in fact Ive only been approached by those who are curious about the bike and those who love the bike. Im glad I dont have to lube my chain anymore, or tighten my chain. Did I mention I dont have to keep my RPM's up in traffic, oh yea I also get better fuel economy than my CBR got, it holds a high resale value if I ever did want to sell it- sorry guys Im taking it to my grave, IMO I love the throaty sound it has, its nothing like that nast HD sound but it doesnt have that pussy high pitchedexcuse me sound either when cutting through traffic. If it makes anyone feel anybetter I would have considered the Ducati Monster but I never heard of it until I already bought my Buell, and that was only because I went to the Long Beach bike show. Put it this way, I dont even care to see what bikes are out on the road Im so into my bike. Hayawhat the hell is that?!? Kawawho? Yama-no I dont know you.
Funny, this thread was about the Blast and what a dog it is, not about the bigger models that aren't scarily underpowered with piss-poor throttle response.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #33 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 PM

Wow, I'm shocked to see so many here who hate & bash Buell.
It's a pity really as the XB line has so far proven to be just as reliable as any other make. Every motorcycle company lets a few bad eggs escape from the factory. The bigger companies have a much larger amount of them go out unchecked but they do produce a higher number of bikes per year so I won't compare numbers as it wouldn't be fair.

I would never bash another man's or woman's taste. Who am I to judge what people should or should not like?

I believe in "live & let live". I ride a Buell & I love it. I'll never replace it. There are many other bikes that I like as well. There are a few jap bikes that I wouldn't mind owning & a couple brittish bikes that entice me but my Buell has been good to me.

I'm kinda glad that most of the Buell bashers here don't & never will ride Buells. 99% of the Buell riders that I have met have been "Motorcycle Enthusiasts". They don't bash other bikes. They usualy have a couple bikes of different makes in their garage because they just love motorcycles. Any motorcycle.

I'm proud to be in such a group.

If it's got two wheels & an engine it's all good.

post #34 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicerke

And I DID have a bike that looked like every other bike out there, a 2000 F4, and it got stolen. $20 says I could leave the Blast out in the street with the key in the ignition and the damned thing would still be there in the morning.

hmmm I bet I could leav my house unlocked leave for a week and expect everything to be in the same spot as I left it in Indiana too. No argument with you there Spice. So how much do you want to sell your Blast for?
post #35 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Metalstorm
Wow, I'm shocked to see so many here who hate & bash Buell.
It's a pity really as the XB line has so far proven to be just as reliable as any other make. Every motorcycle company lets a few bad eggs escape from the factory. The bigger companies have a much larger amount of them go out unchecked but they do produce a higher number of bikes per year so I won't compare numbers as it wouldn't be fair.

I would never bash another man's or woman's taste. Who am I to judge what people should or should not like?

I believe in "live & let live". I ride a Buell & I love it. I'll never replace it. There are many other bikes that I like as well. There are a few jap bikes that I wouldn't mind owning & a couple brittish bikes that entice me but my Buell has been good to me.

I'm kinda glad that most of the Buell bashers here don't & never will ride Buells. 99% of the Buell riders that I have met have been "Motorcycle Enthusiasts". They don't bash other bikes. They usualy have a couple bikes of different makes in their garage because they just love motorcycles. Any motorcycle.
If you notice the title of the thread, it's about people that don't like the Blast, not the entire Buell line. I don't actively seek out people that ride Buells to bash them, but if someone tells me how great the Blast is, I will argue with them every time, as I OWN one!

I have seen many positive comments regarding the rest of the Buell line, and since I have no personal experience with them, I don't say anything.

I understand brand loyalty, and when you have had great experinces with a brand, it is to be expected. Since I have NOT had a good experience with the Buell I own, I would not recommend that particular model to others. Just my

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #36 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
hmmm I bet I could leav my house unlocked leave for a week and expect everything to be in the same spot as I left it in Indiana too. No argument with you there Spice. So how much do you want to sell your Blast for?

Spoken like a true Californian. No, I couldn't leave my house unlocked for a week and expect everything to still be here. Indiana isn't all cornfields; our next door neighbor had his Accord stolen right out of his locked gagage while he slept one night. spicersh (who lived in this city for four years during college) had his locked home burglarized in broad daylight on a weekday. We live in the most meth-infested county in the state. My point was that the Blast has such a poor reputation that noone would want it, they couldn't even make money off of parts resale!

The Blast still has CA tags on it, you want it, it's yours for $2500. Less than 500 miles on it, two seats. Come and get it.

post #37 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM

I realize this started as a Blast specific thread & I appeciate your $.02. It's just that there were some comments toward Buell as a whole which saddened me since Buell as a whole have come a long way in the last four years.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here. I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's opinion.

The newer Blasts have improved as well. The older ones I know nothing about which is why I never said a word until this thread started teetering away from just the Blast.

Am I loyal to Buell? I susspose up to a point. I like my bike & I stand behind it & the company but I don't walk around wearing Buell apparel. I don't like being a advertising board for anyone.

I've probably over stayed my welcome so I'm gonna boogey.

To Blast owner, I'm truely sorry that you've had a bad experience but don't let it steer you away.
I had a 87 Kaw EX500 that gave me a lot of problems. A few people told me that's what I get for buying a Kawa. I didn't listen. In '92 I got a Kawa Zephyr 750 and it was one of the best bikes I've ever owned.
Point being.. One bike does not define a company.
post #38 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Metalstorm
I realize this started as a Blast specific thread & I appeciate your $.02. It's just that there were some comments toward Buell as a whole which saddened me since Buell as a whole have come a long way in the last four years.

The newer Blasts have improved as well. The older ones I know nothing about which is why I never said a word until this thread started teetering away from just the Blast.

Point being.. One bike does not define a company.

My Blast is a 2002, and I sincerely hope that there have been improvements since that year. I think I am just annoyed at Buell for touting the bike as a beginner bike. As a more experienced rider now, I am better able to handle the fobiles of this bike. As a beginner, it scared the crap out of me, unlike the F4.

Unfortunately, one bike can define a company. If you have one model that is just bad, then it can overshadow any good you might have on other models.

Here's an example: spicersh and I had a brand new 2001 Mitsubishi Montero that needed its transmission replaced at 27K miles (auto tranny), and its 4WD tranny was beginning to fall apart when we turned it in with 59K miles. We had such a headache and have since learned from three other people that have the same vehicle that their 4WD is going, too. One person is having no trouble. So, four out of five had tranny issues and because of our experience, I will never purchase another Mitsubishi product. One vehicle is so bad that I won't even look at their other 12 or whatnot.

post #39 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
More like rattle really... but its close to the same thing...
Shake - Rattle - and kinda Roll. LOL...

I like the ZX10 and think the R1 is ugly as hell. So there's another one going in the opinions box.

On HD: My boss was building a custom chopper here at the shop. All chrome, loud as hell, and so on. I was like "no thanks, I like to go fast and turn" but I did take it for a ride when he was semi-done with it. Little dick syndrome at it's best I loved the thing. It vibrated the hell out of me, was way to loud, and didn't turn worth a damn. But everyone was looking and pointing and giving the thumbs up, I felt like I was "the king of the world!!"

Shit i'm done, you got me quoting a homo movie. Damn you all to hell....

-M-
post #40 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicerke
Spoken like a true Californian. No, I couldn't leave my house unlocked for a week and expect everything to still be here. Indiana isn't all cornfields; our next door neighbor had his Accord stolen right out of his locked gagage while he slept one night. spicersh (who lived in this city for four years during college) had his locked home burglarized in broad daylight on a weekday. We live in the most meth-infested county in the state. My point was that the Blast has such a poor reputation that noone would want it, they couldn't even make money off of parts resale!

The Blast still has CA tags on it, you want it, it's yours for $2500. Less than 500 miles on it, two seats. Come and get it.
...After a few minutes of pndering I have arrived at these conclusions and strongly feel they need to be investigated before chief Wiggam announces anymore crime...I think your neighbors accord was stolen by the neighbor that lives on the other side of you. As for the burglary on a weekday its probasbly the town drunk since everyone else goes to work during the week. Its worth a shot:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode