Stay Away From Blast! - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 06:46 AM

Update on MY 2001 Blast !

What can I say, it's been one of THE MOST relaible bikes I've ever owned ! And i've been street riding for 30+ years. My 2001 Blast- I bought used with about 1500miles on it, back in 2002. It NOW has just turned over 30,000 MILES ! I do all the maintenance on the bike myself, which isn't much. I'm on my second drive belt- but the first one never broke or wore out, I just replaced it at the recommended interval. I'm on my 11th rear tire and my 5th front, so yes- the Blast does go thru tires like candy ! I still have the original motor back in my bike, after it was swapped out for a 600cc race motor that I personally built, but I needed money- so I sold that engine after only 1500 miles and replaced it with the original motor which I freshened up the top end with some Hi-po goodies, like hi-comp piston (bored .030 over), with high lift valves/springs/guides and a set of Andrews B70 cams... The bike isn't as fast now as with the 600cc kit...but it GOES !

What else can I say....these things are overbuilt to take abuse. But what they don't like is negleck, or the dimwit who doesn't know shit about how to maintain the Blast ! Buell's weren't called - "Different In Every Sense" for nothing !

Believe who you will ? But this is MY story, and I'm sticking to it !
Visit my Yahoo Group-
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/The-Buell-Blast/
....and find out more !
~Ralph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 07:06 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Re: P.S.- about the original poster that started this string

Quote:
Originally posted by Blastoholic
The kid who started this string was an idiot... He didn't have Blown headgaskets... He had leaking Rocker box gaskets which were commom to aLL Harleys Davidson Evo engines until mid 2002, when the factory finally switched over from Paper rocker box gaskets to Metal ones... the leak was solved- end of story. He just happed to get the pre metal gasket which were Replaced with the same !
Also, what he failed to mention about his breaking drive belts, was that this idiot was practicing clutch pop wheelies !
I could go on and on about this guy, but he is known in the Blast world as a Troll.....

~Ralph
Whether he's right or wrong, let's keep the name calling out of it, ok?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #13 of 100 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

My wife's 2001 hasn't had the need for a single thing to be replaced. The only work was normal scheduled maintenance, and we added a K&N filter for the 300 HP upgrade

Actually... the filter was just in line with the rest of my vehicles. I don't buy filters.

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension

post #14 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 09:36 AM

Talking

I dont know what the hell is going on but I just had to say something.BUELLS ROCK!!
post #15 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vaneo1
I dont know what the hell is going on but I just had to say something.BUELLS ROCK!!

More like rattle really... but its close to the same thing...

post #16 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
More like rattle really... but its close to the same thing...
DONT BE JEALOUS BECAUSE YOUR NOT PART OF AN ELITE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO CAN ACTUALLY TAKE A TWISTIE
post #17 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 06:28 PM

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #18 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 08:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
elite group

Quote:
Originally posted by vaneo1
DONT BE JEALOUS BECAUSE YOUR NOT PART OF AN ELITE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO CAN ACTUALLY TAKE A TWISTIE

A buells owners version of taking a twistie? would that be turning and reaching for the tools in the tool box
post #19 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 08:31 PM

Re: elite group

I actually thought he was referring to all the twisted bits of wire Buell owners use to hold their bikes together.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #20 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 09:27 AM

Quote:
A buells owners version of taking a twistie? would that be turning and reaching for the tools in the tool box
BWAHAHAHAHA That is the funniest thing i've read in a while!

Coming from someone who works on alot of bikes,(including Hardleys) that is one motorcyle i would nevere ever ever buy!

They are just junk! Period! Not debating it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode